Skip to main content
Topic: Holley Terminator X (Read 7815 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Holley Terminator X

Reply #30
Jesus...glad to hear you're otherwise ok...hard hits like that ain't no joke. :bowdown:
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Reply #31
Thanks Beau. I have no memory of the hit but the NHP officer said the truck got hit and became an unguided missile.  Give Toyota engineering a high five.
1987 Turbo Coupe, 306, Trick Flow Track Heat heads, Comp Cam, Trick Flow Pistons, Eagle Rods, Center Force clutch, T-5, 8.8 w/373 gears, and a bunch more

Reply #32
Holy Cow!  That is a nasty wreck.  So glad you both are ok.

I dread stopping in lane to make a left turn, let alone stopping on freeway.  People have no attention at all.

Did they say what the Ram drivers excuse was?
Mike

Reply #33
The NHP officer didn't tell me what the driver of the Dodge was doing before he hit me. My guess- playing with his phone. We have a lot of that here in Las Vegas. I should be able to get the accident report in a few days. In a way I'm glad the wife and I were knocked out and remember nothing. One of the reasons I very seldom go for a joy ride in the TBird.
1987 Turbo Coupe, 306, Trick Flow Track Heat heads, Comp Cam, Trick Flow Pistons, Eagle Rods, Center Force clutch, T-5, 8.8 w/373 gears, and a bunch more

Reply #34
I'm sure you've already had the sentiment, but glad you guys weren't in the 'Bird. Very doubtful you'd have gotten out of it without much more injury, if at all. :-O
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Reply #35
Thanks Beau. I almost drove the TBird but hate leaving her in a parking lot. We would not of survived that crash in the TBird. I hate to think what that would of been like. A lengthy hospital stay at the best and a car destroyed I couldn't replace. One of the reasons she spends so much time in the garage. Hopefully my wife will decide on a car and I can get started on the Terminator X install.

Reply #36
Update on my Terminator X Project. It's still in the box. Between unscrambling my brain from the accident and trying to find a car for the wife I had to delay my project. I do have the additional sensors for fuel and oil pressure that Holley doesn't supply. Holley has the pressure sensors- $130ea. Found them on ebay for $65ea. The sensors are not necessary but gives you the ability to monitor both with the hand held unit. I have a fuel pressure gauge mounted on my fuel rail but might be nice to see it inside the car. Also have the adapter to replace my Pro M MAF seeing as the car will become SD with this swap. BBK makes it only in chrome for $80. Sand blasted the chrome off and re-painted it with SEM satin black to match my existing cold air intake.

Found a car for my wife. It's a 2019 Genesis G80, 5.0 Ultimate. It's a "luxury" car that is way beyond my mechanical skills. It has a 420hp 5.0, 8 speed automatic. This car weighs 4700lbs. It's a tank. The dealers here were not interested in finding one here in Las Vegas, wanted me to buy what they had. Found this one in Poway, CA and had it shipped. It was a dealer corporate car with 2300mi on it. Full 100,000mi/10yr warranty on it. She's happy with it. Now I can start on my car.

Reply #37
Any updates on your project, Tom?
1988 Thunderbird TC, 5spd
Stinger 3" single exhaust, Cone Filter, Adjustable Cam Pulley, Schneider roller cam, Walbro 255 lph, AEM Wideband O2
'93 Mustang Cobra replica wheels on 235/50R17

'21 F150 Powerboost
'17 Husqvarna TX300

Reply #38
Hey Mikey,
Started taking the car apart. Got most of the wiring out, just tracing out the extra stuff going over the the starter solenoid. I'm real buttstuff about the wiring routing so using a factory harness has it's disadvantages. Wish they made one that you could make up your own plugs and just left the wire longer. Seems like all of the plugs are ending up by the heater hoses and evaporator. You know how crowded that is.
I think I will be able to install the computer in the bottom slot on the console at the shifter. This is so you can see the troubleshooting lights on it. That will depend on the length of the main sensor cable. I'll just have to make a support for it and a plate to block the bottom of the opening. There really isn't an easy way to do this on these cars. The videos make it look simple. I would like to install the monitor where the clock is so I could leave it hooked up.
There are a few things you need that do not come with the kit. One is the CAN "Y" connector so you can leave the monitor connected and plug in the USB cable. The other is the CAN to USB cable so you can plug in a laptop. You can't use the laptop with out them. Holley has them- $96. The oil pressure sensor and fuel pressure sensors are "optional" but will show on the monitor as "error". Holley has these also- $135ea. I found the same thing on ebay for $65ea. Figure on spending around $1400 for a complete set up.
I  would include some pictures but haven't figured out how with this new set up. Used to be pretty easy.

Reply #39
Progress is progress.

Looking forward to seeing the interior pics once you are done setting it up.  I thought I saw you posted something up on FB but it disappeared before I could click on the pictures.  Pretty sure it was your car.
Stinger 3" single exhaust, Cone Filter, Adjustable Cam Pulley, Schneider roller cam, Walbro 255 lph, AEM Wideband O2

'21 F150 Powerboost
'17 Husqvarna TX300

Reply #40
Progress is progress.

Looking forward to seeing the interior pics once you are done setting it up.  I thought I saw you posted something up on FB but it disappeared before I could click on the pictures.  Pretty sure it was your car.

I did post pictures and  a summary of what I was doing but I got a message from the administrator about my comment on practicing brain surgery. I think I said something about practicing on pelosi and schumer first. That was all. Apparently someone was offended so I just deleted the post.
It's coming along slowly. Trying to make sure all the wiring issues are taken care of before I put it back together. I would hate to have to take it apart and troubleshoot. Right now I'm trying to figure out how to reconnect the A/C relay and reroute the fuel pump wiring. I should get the main harness installed today which will dictate how I mount the computer. I have had to take apart the new harness to install loom over exposed wiring at the fuel injectors and make labels to ID the parts.
Any idea on how to post pictures from my computer? When I click on the symbol a box pops up asking for a "url".

Reply #41
Progress is progress.

I did post pictures and  a summary of what I was doing but I got a message from the administrator about my comment on practicing brain surgery. I think I said something about practicing on pelosi and schumer first. That was all. Apparently someone was offended so I just deleted the post.
It's coming along slowly. Trying to make sure all the wiring issues are taken care of before I put it back together. I would hate to have to take it apart and troubleshoot. Right now I'm trying to figure out how to reconnect the A/C relay and reroute the fuel pump wiring. I should get the main harness installed today which will dictate how I mount the computer. I have had to take apart the new harness to install loom over exposed wiring at the fuel injectors and make labels to ID the parts.
Any idea on how to post pictures from my computer? When I click on the symbol a box pops up asking for a "url".
I think to post pictures you have to host them somewhere else for this forum.  I have been using Imgur but I was hoping the powers that be would use Tapatalk so we could post pictures directly from there.  Here's the Imgur:  https://imgur.com/
There might be better options out there but I don't know.

Bummer about the post.  I kept clicking on the picture and got "something went wrong"  LOL

'21 F150 Powerboost
'17 Husqvarna TX300

Reply #42
I'm on fakebook under "Tom Mikulski". I just checked and my post is still there, you just have to scroll down a half mile and get past all the  I've posted. Hope you have a sense of humor. I'll modify it and re-post it on the TBird page so I don't upset someone else.

Reply #43
Why did you choose the Terminator X over something like a PiMPxs

Just curious.

Reply #44
I guess it was because I have a 34 year old wiring harness on my engine and a A9l computer no one wants to touch. The Holley kit came with all the wiring I'll need and a new computer that is self learning and can be plugged into a laptop for fine tuning. It looked like the best deal for what I had. I am not an expert by any stretch of the imagination. Just did a bunch of reading on specs and forums.
I could of just ordered a new injector harness and computer harness from Ron Francis but would not solved the tuning issue. Spend $700 on wiring or $1100 for wiring and computer. I have replaced everything else on the car and this would be the last thing to replace. I hope.