Skip to main content
Topic: Drivers to dual power seat upgrade. (Read 1457 times) previous topic - next topic

Drivers to dual power seat upgrade.

I was taking the interior apart in my bird for a couple reasons. One thing I noticed was I had power drivers seat but the wiring for a power passenger seat. Pulled the seats and carpet and found that the factory just tossed in an extra harness for a power seat and it was not plugged in. So I pulled the harness out and laid it out properly for my seat. I could not find where the harness plugged into on the passenger side for power and grounds. After some more research I noticed that the factory just shoved in two drivers side power seat harnesses and buried the other under the carpet. I figured that out by looking at the pin outs on the passenger side harness and found two wire were wired the same as the drivers.

So I am thinking I will make the extra harness pin properly for the passenger side and tap into the powers and grounds. The only thing I can not find is what the purple/yellow wire does in that harness.
1988 Thunderbird Sport. Work in Progress
5.8L swap w/fitech efi, 4R70W swap w/quick 4 controller, 2003 GT rear diff, 5 Lug swap

Bought this car back as an old project car.

:burnout:

Re: Drivers to dual power seat upgrade.

Reply #1
So I was successful at making two drivers side power seat harnesses into a passenger and driver power seats. All I had to do was tap into the power and grounds and then run a purple/orange wire between the two connectors. On the passenger side I had to swap two wires according to the EVTM.  I tested everything with my ohm meter to make sure all resistances were good. Now comes the task of putting it in and swapping the passenger seat track to power.
5.8L swap w/fitech efi, 4R70W swap w/quick 4 controller, 2003 GT rear diff, 5 Lug swap

Reply #2
I have the passenger side power seat base if you need one.

Reply #3
I found a passenger power seat base at the local yard. I am going to make sure it works though!