Skip to main content
Topic: Premium Sound w/EQ AUX modification? (Read 3035 times) previous topic - next topic

Premium Sound w/EQ AUX modification?

I've been searching with no luck. I have an 88 TC with Premium Sound and the factory EQ. It sounds pretty good still. Has anyone successfully wired in an aux input port?

Reply #1
Factory Radio?  If so I bought this for my car.  It's available on ebay.  Works pretty good.  I get about 6 hours out of a charge.  charges with my car phone charger.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/400792335989?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
X

Go Fast the first time.  The tickets the same.
86 Thunderbird 5.0.  All original good weather driver. Tbird Reg #53035
86 Thunderbird TC.  All original good weather driver.  Tbird Reg # 58555
87 Thunderbird TC.  All original good weather daily driver.  Tbird Reg # 64647

Reply #2
You would think they could come up with a way to charge the internal battery on that cassette adapter using the spinning tape reel.
CoogarXR : 1985 Cougar XR-7

Reply #3
Quote from: CoogarXR;449462
You would think they could come up with a way to charge the internal battery on that cassette adapter using the spinning tape reel.

That would be a great idea.  Someone should market that.

Go Fast the first time.  The tickets the same.
86 Thunderbird 5.0.  All original good weather driver. Tbird Reg #53035
86 Thunderbird TC.  All original good weather driver.  Tbird Reg # 58555
87 Thunderbird TC.  All original good weather daily driver.  Tbird Reg # 64647

Reply #4
Quote from: My10-80;449472
That would be a great idea.  Someone should market that.

The EMF from the spinning magnets required to generate the electric current would have to be shielded from the electronic/signal portion of it.  Also how much copper winding would be needed to provide the current needed, I suspect the current needed isnt much.  I dont know if it would be doable in that small package, but a  fine idea none the less.
Mike

Reply #5
That's actually pretty cool. But I think I'm going to go aftermarket stereo. After messing with it, the power cuts on and off, the display is fading in and out, and the factory equalizer power button doesn't stay on. I know they're all issues that can be addressed but I think I'd just rather go for the new technology.

Reply #6
Quote from: BlackCardinal;449488
That's actually pretty cool. But I think I'm going to go aftermarket stereo. After messing with it, the power cuts on and off, the display is fading in and out, and the factory equalizer power button doesn't stay on. I know they're all issues that can be addressed but I think I'd just rather go for the new technology.

You could do this: http://www.foxtbirdcougarforums.com/showthread.php?32798-Aftermarket-head-unit-with-stock-premium-sound-amp-and-eq
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #7
Nice!