Skip to main content
Topic: Show off the little stuff! (Read 74717 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Show off the little stuff!

Reply #30
header panel broken eh?
i know a guy in beckly west virginia who can get new aftermarket header panels for these cars,, i paid 125 for mine a couple years ago.  I was very happy that all holes and other things match up perfect. the only difference was the thicker fiberglass form.

Reply #31
does this count? cuz all the stuff you peeps do is awsome!!! :bowdown:

Reply #32
Antenna Relocation

Among many other things in both my GS and XR-7.

Reply #33
Quote from: CougarSE
And a pic of the TC seats and console.

:

Looks like you also have the custom "broken seat belt receptacle" mod too.  ;)

Reply #34
I think it would be more rare to find a cougar with that in tact..

Reply #35
I think it would be more rare to find a cougar with that in tact..

No doubt about that. I'm messing around with some Mustang seat belt receptacle covers that may or may not work. I'll know later this week. If they do, places like Late Model Mustang Restorers (http://www.50resto.com) have most of our colors in stock for cheap. Generally the Mustang covers are shorter than the ones on our cars...how much, and how it affects us, is what I'm going after. I'm pulling the driver's seat from the convertible to test all of this.

Reply #36
I seem to vaguely remember, back when I took a Mustang seat apart to use the recliner mechanism in my car, that the Mustang seat belt attached to the floor while the T-Bird/Cougar attaches to the seat slider bracket. This was a base (non-lumbar) seat. I'm not 100% sure what the difference was between the two, but I do remember that there was a difference - if you want to use Mustang seats you need T-Bird sliders or you'll have no seat belt.
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Reply #37
Yeah Carm, they are like that. I'm talking about just the covers for the seat belts. The ones that we always seem to break. ;)

Reply #38
Ahh, you mean the thing that's broken in my car too, but for which I have a replacement awaiting installation :D (along with re-dyed, non-ripped seat covers, a door armrest and the seatbelt holder thingy).
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Reply #39
the seatbelt holder thingy

I've told you a thousand times before, Carm...don't use the technical terms in front of the kids. It might cornfuse them.  :tg:

Reply #40
i got a broken seatbelt thingy too!
It's Gumby's fault.

Reply #41
I only have one broken sealt belt cover thingy. It's on the passenger side. The one on the drivers side is in great shape. Some really pissed off people must have ridden in that passenger seat before.

Reply #42
Quote from: Tbird232ci
i got a broken seatbelt thingy too!

My seatbelt thingys are fine...

FYI.. it seems that black and grey hold up the best(all three of my TCs have black interior and have good thingys, as does a spare set of black TC seats), while red and blue go to Hell in a hurry.

Reply #43
I have always felt that red everything goes to hell fast. It seems like the red dye not only breaks down quicker, but it causes whatever the dye is in or on to break down fast as well. I think it must have zero UV-blocking capabilities.

My T-Bird is the first Fox car I've ever had with a cracked dash. The dash is red. First one with worn, torn seats. The seats are red. First one with broken seat belt thingy (although the Cougar was chewed up pretty bad by a dog). First one with faded interior (and I have yet to see a non-faded red interior in one of these cars). First one with broken seat belt buckle support. It just seems like the red interiors in these cars go all to hell. Even the speaker grilles in the rear deck have faded and gone all pink.

If I could find a donor car with any other color interior I'd swap it out in a heartbeat (well, in a few years, anyway, given my history for doing projects not-so-quickly)

It has just occured to me that I haven't even replied to this thread with anything resembling the original topic. I'm at the cottage on dialup right now (BTW, Tom, your bitmap sig takes forever to load on dialup) so I can't post pics, but I've pretty much dospoogeented everything I've done to the car in this forum anyway. Just about all of it is "little stuff":
  • TC cluster with Canadian 220k speedo and tach modified for 8cyl
  • Shiny chrome cluster bezel (the $10 ebay one)
  • Tripminder computer
  • Explorer overhead console with temp/compass display
  • Fog lights in front bumper slots operated with factory TC switch
  • '83 Cougar console (the full length one) with restored switch plate
  • And some electrical stuff (stereo system, sequential turn signals, wigwag headlights, remote keyless/alarm/start
  • Police Interceptor emblem
  • minor exterior bits - tinted glass, ventvisors, etc
  • Restored/refinished 10-holes with T-Bird centers
Coming someday are the LED tail lights (got one almost finished), leather interior (with TC/Sport seats), and I'd like to find a set of 60's T-Bird emblems that have the classic V8 logo with a 'Bird head (seen 'em on Ebay a few times, but always with "will not ship to Canada) :mad: :mad: :mad:

And that pretty much sums up the little stuff. The big stuff is an entirely different wish list :evilgrin:

Reply #44
Quote from: thunderchicken
(BTW, Tom, your bitmap sig takes forever to load on dialup)

Been meanin' to change it to a smaller jpg..... Is that better???