Skip to main content
Topic: Who needs 4WD (Read 1438 times) previous topic - next topic

Who needs 4WD

Reply #1
That is so funny i laughed my ass off. man that was great. You can not make that up!!!
I spend money I don't have, To build  cars I don't need, To impress people I don't know

HAVE YOU DRIVEN A FORD LATELY!!

Who needs 4WD

Reply #2
Put some fat wide mud tires on the back, and bring on the team of horses to pull it out afterwards ;)

(skinny tires were the saving grace, as well as a finite depth of mud)
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Who needs 4WD

Reply #3
I had to watch it twice.

Who needs 4WD

Reply #5
Skinny helps too. Less mud to displace, and float on. They sing right down to the hard stuff, and move on out.

I've driven a Jeep CJ on 35x12.50 mud tires. It just floated like a beach ball on anything softer than pavement. On snow, it was a real terror. On ice, it would simply oscillate in it's own length like a prostitute hung from a ceiling fan.

I wrecked it in 1995, and both it and I came away from it a little worse for the wear. It lost some engine oil, and I lose some blood. I've never driven it since, and never will again. My kids can fight over it when I'm just a chunk of meat in the ole pine box...I want nothing to do with it. My dad bought it when it was a couple of years old, and I was 5, or close to it.
Jeep: just empty every pocket. Laugh...until you own one, and find out for yourself.
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6