Skip to main content
Topic: CHE Performance Uppers/Lowers (Read 12808 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: CHE Performance Uppers/Lowers

Reply #15
Don't poly UCA bushings increase bind durings turns a good bit?

Reply #16
I dug up a little info on the bushings on CHE's site:

http://www.cheperformance.com/Tech/CHE_Poly_Delrin_Bushing_Tech.pdf
http://www.cheperformance.com/Tech/Bushing_Material_Tech.pdf

These are just going to be stock replacements, from all indications. But like I said, once they're delivered I'll check into other things (adjustable perches, extensions, etc.). I'm sure if there's enough demand for add-ons then they'll make them. Then again, I'm sure CHE wants to see how these sell first.

Reply #17
Ok, photos are up here:
http://www.cheperformance.com/CartGenie/prodInfo.asp?pid=77&cid=9

Chuck also wanted me to pass along some more info to you:

SPRING PERCHES: "Just finished up looking through the forums, and see that there are a few questions. First off, whatever they want made, we can do it.  The only thing I ask for is a little time to fabricate (2-3 weeks) and a down payment of about 50% just to make sure that they are serious. As far as the bushings go, they are 90A durometer and give good road feel without being too harsh."

BUSHINGS: "We make our own bushings, so if somebody wants a softer ride, we can make a lower durometer bushing for them."

PRICING: "I am going to keep the pricing where it is at now probably until at least the end of January.  I have been doing some number crunching and unfortunately I think that we will have to raise our prices slightly in the near future, as steel prices have soared recently.  It will not be anything drastic, maybe $10-20 at most."

Feel free to drop Chuck a line via his site with any questions. He's really bending over backwards for us and is willing to accommodate anything for Cougar/T-Bird owners. Thanks all!

Reply #18
Eric I am in the process of gathering suspension parts for my project car. Would these be suitable for dedicated drag use? I plan on running a DTS 8.8 33spline rear, PA C4, Procharged Dart blocked Forged Eagle 347 setup. I will spare the details now :evilgrin:  but would seriously consider these control arms. I have money waiting so let me know. Thx

Ronnie
1988 Tbird Stock bottom end 306, Windsor Jr's, Explorer intake, 125 shot.
Best ET: 12.11 Best MPH: 113.8 1/4 mile

Reply #19
Hey Ronnie, what's up! They can make the bushings to your specs...go for it. I'd say maybe call and explain first, and see what you can both come up with. Since they do this for Mustangs I don't see why it wouldn't apply to our cars as well.

Nice plans you have there too. ;)

Reply #20
Thx Eric, I will givem a call after the holidays.
1988 Tbird Stock bottom end 306, Windsor Jr's, Explorer intake, 125 shot.
Best ET: 12.11 Best MPH: 113.8 1/4 mile

Reply #21
Holy ...just ordered them yesterday and they got delivered this morning! These pieces are frickin' SWEET man. Can't wait to get them on the car now. Don't even hesitate to order them if you're waiting. W O W.

Reply #22
Im waiting for your comments on performance and the adjustables! They look nice in the picts!

1987 cougar XR7 347 stroker FRP BOSS block 328rwhp 10.89 1/4mile @126mph ..so far..

2005 F150 5.4 vortec supercharged @15psi water methenol injected 450rwhp 14.0@98mph on 22's

Reply #23
Just ordered them this afternoon after reading up on em and hopefully I'll have em in within a week of my receiving them.  Hopefully my wheel hop will disappear.  Hey Eric any idea of the weight difference between these and the stock pieces? I'm sure I'll be shedding a few pounds, but I'd like to know how much if possible
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #24
Hey guys. 
Thanks for all of the interest on the control arms.  You all seem like a tremendous group of individuals.

Just wanted to post a few things to give you a little information about us and to answer a couple questions.

I began this company with the intention of providing high quality performance parts to enthusiasts such as yourselves at prices that were affordable.  I was disappointed by the current prices of high quality suspension and performance parts, and even more disappointed at the pieces of  that were affordable.

I have been making Mustang parts for over a year now, but I hold the Thunderbirds and Cougars very dear to my heart.

I was lucky enough to to have open access to my Father's TurboCoupe as soon as I acquired my driver's liscense.  Or maybe I should say that my Father was naive enough to trust me with his car.  Let's just say that I can attest to the fact that there are many back roads near my Parent's place (not far from where EricCoolCats lives) that you can get all 4 wheels off of the ground.

Now that I have matured, I realize that it is quite amazing that the car survived both me and my younger brother.  I will try to submit some photos of it, but right now it is up in Erie buried under a foot of snow.

Anyway, the feedback and support from you guys has be great and much appreciated.  We are commited to providing you guys with the goods that you are going to need to overtake that punk in the Mustang that thinks he is hot shiznit.  Just give us a little bit of time and support.  Hell, you waited 20 years, what's a few more months?

Whoever sent me the email about the adjustable lowers, I have been unable to send your response because it keeps coming back to me.  Just drop me a line and give me a few more details about what kind of adjustment you want, length, spring perch, both or something different.

We will get the sets out to those of you who have already ordered by the middle of next week, so hopefully they will be there in time for you to get them installed next weekend.

Please keep the ideas coming, and try to dream big.

Thanks, and Merry Christmas,
Chuck

Reply #25
I'm interested in a set with adjustment, as well. It would be awesome if you could make them in stock, up to about  1-1/2" - 2" lift. That would be perfect!

At the very least, I need to have 3/4" spring spacers added, I see Global West sells those, albeit not cheap (at almost $60 a pair!).

I am sure the adjustability would benefit your Mustang arms as well.

Keep us up-to-date on the changes being offered. We appreciate your attention!

--Ed
"1FSTCAT" - 87 Mercury Cougar XR7, 5 Speed, Powerdyne Supercharger.

"NTRCPTR" - 91 Crown Vic Police Interceptor - 460 POWERED. 14.15 @ 97 MPH, untuned.

Reply #26
Some sort of height adjustment would probably be a good idea for an option.  Alot of the folks who lower their Fox Tbirds/Cougars use the Mustang stuff, and alot of the times wind up with a dragging ass end depending on what springs they use. Also since most of these cars sit low on one side or another anyway, having some height adjustment can help correct that as well.

They are nice looking pieces and I'd be interested in a set myself if I didn't already have 2 sets I made for myself whan I was at KB's and an IRS I am working on for my '83... 

Chuck....no not that Chuck...this Chuck....
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo

Reply #27
Sounds like most everybody wants ride height adjustment.

It also seems that everybody just wants to raise ride height, not lower.  If that is the case, we can manufacture control arms with an adjustable spring seat that will go from stock height, to about 1-1/2" or so.

Because they will not lower the vehicle, the design will be quite a bit simpler than lowering styles, and therefore cheaper for you all.

Please let me know what you think.  We will work on getting a prototype set done this week so that you have something to look at.

Chuck

Reply #28
Schweet!!

Looking forward to it, Chuck!
"1FSTCAT" - 87 Mercury Cougar XR7, 5 Speed, Powerdyne Supercharger.

"NTRCPTR" - 91 Crown Vic Police Interceptor - 460 POWERED. 14.15 @ 97 MPH, untuned.

Reply #29
I'm looking forward to seeing these new pieces. Adjustable up only is fine with me BTW. These will be simpler/lighter and just as strong or stronger than a non-adjustable piece. Put me on the list for these as soon as they are available  :grinno: .

Quote from: CHE Performance
Sounds like most everybody wants ride height adjustment.

It also seems that everybody just wants to raise ride height, not lower.  If that is the case, we can manufacture control arms with an adjustable spring seat that will go from stock height, to about 1-1/2" or so.

Because they will not lower the vehicle, the design will be quite a bit simpler than lowering styles, and therefore cheaper for you all.

Please let me know what you think.  We will work on getting a prototype set done this week so that you have something to look at.

Chuck
11.96 @ 118 MPH old 306 KB; 428W coming soon.