Skip to main content
Topic: 1969 Mustang Fastback - Restoring the Body (Read 1660 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 1969 Mustang Fastback - Restoring the Body

Reply #15
Nice...I was just thinking about this the other day...and of course your truck.

Ballin'. :roxor: :bowdown:
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Reply #16
Yeah the truck is on hold until I come up with the $$$ for the Coyote, 10R80 and control pack.  I thought about salvage yarding it but the prices are about 150% of what they were two years ago which puts used parts about 2/3 the way to brand new so a 50,000 mile engine and trans with the factory Mustang harness and all the other BS you have to have to make it run is not very tempting.  Truck is not going anywhere so I can be patient until I can save the money up.

83 351W TKO'd T-Bird on the bottle

93 331 Mustang Coupe - 368 rwhp

Reply #17
That is badass. Love it.

Must be nice to open up a catalog and order new parts for your car! Pretty jelly of that, I tell you...

Reply #18
Yeah no joke!  My dad is 81 so this is probably his last car and he is throwing the kitchen sink at it.  He is an engineer by trade and still works about 6 months a year which is where the $$$ is coming from to fund the project.  He refers to himself as "semi-retired"...

It took over 6 months to find all the sheet metal as Dayncorn is in California and with all the state's BS covid rules they could not get product out of the warehouse.  He and I were all over the internet finding the parts as cheap as we could from those that had stock.  It has been over a year to get it to this point.

We found out that the aftermarket for engine parts is now suffering the ill effects of our government shutting down the economy.  It is literally going to take 6-9 months to build the motor for the car due to bearing shortages, pistons not on the shelf, crank and rod combos not on the shelf, and if you don't have cylinder heads forget about it.  He is putting together a 377 based off a 351W block so this is not exotic.  I am just hoping my buddy at the body shop will have paint...I am joking but who knows.

Reply #19

Must be nice to open up a catalog and order new parts for your car! Pretty jelly of that, I tell you...

Agreed ... even if things are a little more "complicated" lately.

Great work though, there's a lot of talent there!

Reply #20
Pictures from 04/11/2022

Minitubs are done and they have shaved the side marker lights off the rear quarters.

Should have pictures of the door mods tomorrow if they got to them this week.