Skip to main content
Topic: 88 Cougar Looking for New Home (Read 1505 times) previous topic - next topic

88 Cougar Looking for New Home

Anybody interested in taking over my project? It started as an 88 cougar ls with the 3.8L and after the headgasket blew, I replaced the motor with a 3.8sc out of a 95 supercoupe. The car ran fine for a while, I lost 3rd gear in the stock transmission so replaced it with a rebuilt  transmission form a 5.0L LSC. The car then started acting up, surging and not running properly, so grabbed the entire wiring harness from a 94 supercoupe and the conversion started but as I wasn't doing it myself, not sure where it was left off. I don't remember the last date it fired up but when it did, it only started by bypassing the fuel pump. The car has been sitting for a very long time now in an asphalt driveway on 4 flats. I have a turbocoupe rear-end along with it that was never put in and I believe I have all new brakes for that rear end, still in boxes.

I don't have the time or knowledge to finish it myself and although I would love to have it finished, my funds would be better used elsewhere. The car followed around the mechanic from shop to shop but he never finished it and he went through many personal issues so left the area and we havent been in contact for years. My brother will be building a house on the land where it currently is stored so it needs to go. The car is located in Boston, MA.

Below is a picture of it in its glory and some pictures from last weekend. She could definitely use a good cleaning and some love but overall not bad for as long as she's been sitting. The house build is starting quicker than expected so she needs to go one way or another within the next week or so and I'd rather see her go to someone who will finish the build and enjoy it. 

I didn't know this site was still going and couldn't remember my credentials. Unfortunately it needs to go very soon and I may end up calling Kars for Kids.

Re: 88 Cougar Looking for New Home

Reply #1
More pics

Reply #2
More pics

Reply #3
More pics

Reply #4
Anybody interested before it goes?  I found another set of side skirts that can go with the car as well and like i said I have the brake parts for the rear end still in boxes.

Reply #5
Is this still available I'd hate to see it go to the crusher
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]:ford:87 Turbo Coupe through the floor sub frame connectors, 5.8 swap Ford racing heads Harland sharp 1.6 rockers BBK shorty swap headers 2 1/2 BBk X pipe magnaflow ler's. Megasquirt 2 with 36lbs injectors on hurricane intake with 4150 throttle body.Tremec TKO 600 Quicktime blowsheild spec stage 3 clutch. 3.73 gears and still not done

Reply #6
Still available but it's gotta go by Wednesday. I'd prefer someone from here getting it but if not claimed in next couple of days, it will be donated or go to a cash for cars place.

Reply #7
Its a real shame you cant put the car off to the side temporarily, out of the way of the construction activity, for like a couple weeks. 

Someone from the site would probably buy it.. but unless they happen to live in Boston or Mass also, 2 days isnt enough time for them to get there and get it done.

I'm in FL, so about as far as I can be, but someone close should pick it up to either save or part out.. It'll just get the convertors taken, and sent straight to be crushed if anyone else grabs it.