Skip to main content
Topic: 2008 Thundercats Calendar - Now Available to Forum Members! (Read 23732 times) previous topic - next topic

2008 Thundercats Calendar - Now Available to Forum Members!

Reply #15
Name of owner
Year/make/model/trim
"owned since" date
BASIC engine/trans (5.0/T5, 2.3T/T5 whatever)

ONE car per month, 6 Birds and 6 Cats, by popular vote.

Only exception is if same person owns 2 cars, that would be cool

Keep the 1 giant photo with a few smaller ones, it's gotten a LOT of compliments around the shop, just make the smaller ones *slightly* bigger.

Reply #16
I'd like to see it with a bird and a cougar on the same pages and if people have more than one car they must have them in the same pic and not taking up more than half of the page since they should leave room for others cars. alot of us want in, well I know I do and I'll do whatever it takes to get the car more presentable to be in the calendar :hick:

Reply #17
There's going to be a calender every year. Calenders featuring multiple cars not in the same picture are VERY ameteur looking. This year's calender has recieved a LOT of compliments, and I think we should stick with it.

Reply #18
Holy moly, it's March already. Keep the ideas a coming. :)
2005 Subaru WRX STi|daily driver

Reply #19
I like the idea of having one cougar one bird a month ;)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1974 maverick lsx powered turbo car SOLD
1973 maverick Tijuana Taxi Tribute
1957 chevy LSX Turbo project (race car)
Owner of Joe Dirt Fabrication

Reply #20
I agree with some of the others, I think the best way to go is one car per month. I think it would look kind of sloppy and "cramped" to have one of each per month. If you get a lot of cars wanting in, maybe the best route to go would be one bird calendar and one cougar calendar? And for the specs, I think the main things would do it. Year, model, colour and engine. The name of the person who owns it would be kinda neat too.

And, if you use my car, can I call dibs on August?

Reply #21
I just thought of another idea for pic layout. What if you got everyone who's going to be in the calendar to take the same pics of their cars? Like, for the big main pic, have them all take it from the front but on an angle from either side and then had 4 smaller pics? Say, one of the front head on, one of the rear head on or angled, one of the engine and the last of the interior? Or maybe just the three smaller pics cuz not everyone has a really clean/nice interior...I think that would look really "smart" and "professional". Kinda like one person took all the pics for the whole calendar....

Reply #22
Yeah, I think the main pic should be a front angle pic, with straight pics as thumbnails.  And an engine shot as well.

As for me, I'd LOVE to get my Tbird in next year's calendar since I missed out on this year's.  I think she's clean enough now :) .

Reply #23
I think having a Bird and a Cougar on the same month will give the calendar a more beefy look....maybe a shot with the owner and some specs underneath... I do agree the modded cars should be separate from the stock daily drivers....
I would love to see my car in there again with some specs... I have sooo much done to it.... lol I love it...
I just redid the whole rear end suspension of the car and a TKO600 is going in very very soon........
1987 Cougar XR7 308 S/C
Trick Flow Heads/S-Trim/42lb. Inj./Stg. 1 cam/4.10 Detroit Locker,Yukon Axles,T/A Rear End Housing,CHE Upper Control Arms,Chucks Poly motor mounts,
Working A/C -- BBK Shorties/ H-Pipe/ Flowmasters/ Eibach Springs/SSM lift bars/ Max Motorsports subframe connectors/3300 stall convert/ etc....... list keeps going
Lots and Lots of Parts to make you go FAST !!
2008 Mustang GT - - Dark candy Apple Red
Roush Louvers;18" Polished Bullit Rim;3.55 Posi;Hood Scoop;Pypes Exhaust

Reply #24
Oh ... I need to start working on this. Time is flying by... :D

For this calendar I want to use an overall graphics style theme. For example I can give the calendar a grungy look, a sporty feel, an elegant look or a techy look just to give a few examples. I'll create a few example pages and we can vote on them.
2005 Subaru WRX STi|daily driver

Reply #25
The "feel" of the last one was spot-on.

It NEEDS to stay 1 car/month though.

Reply #26
I just thought of another idea for pic layout. What if you got everyone who's going to be in the calendar to take the same pics of their cars? Like, for the big main pic, have them all take it from the front but on an angle from either side and then had 4 smaller pics? Say, one of the front head on, one of the rear head on or angled, one of the engine and the last of the interior? Or maybe just the three smaller pics cuz not everyone has a really clean/nice interior...I think that would look really "smart" and "professional". Kinda like one person took all the pics for the whole calendar....

Oooooooh yeah...me likes that idea big time. From a designer's point of view, that will help things signficantly and look very professsional. I don't think those should be the only views, but they should be the minimum requirements for submission. Antonio needs a good base set of photos for each car to mess around with, when composing the layouts. No good photos, no good layouts, simple as that. We need variety but also need standards.

Now that we know what works and what doesn't from the '07 calendar, and also now that we can expect the same large-size format as the '07 calendar, we really should set some kind of requirements for 2008. Something like...

- Minimum file dimensions (ex: min. 4.0 megapixel camera set at maxiumum resolution)
- Minimum amount of photos (which could be as BlondeThunder pointed out)
- All the display text (car info, specs)
- Owner's name and location
- Deadline date

This way, Antonio isn't trying to coerce people for submissions at the last minute. We have to make things as easy as possible for him because he's the composer doing all the grunt work. With standards set, everyone can be assured of an extremely high quality product. These calendars aren't inexpensive, by any means, so we need the highest quality possible for the money. What do you think, Antonio?

I still really like the 1 car/month setup from a visual point of view. But with 2 cars/month we maximize the total cars that can fit on the calendar. That was the only reason I ever mentioned it. Then again, it could look a bit crammed. I'm fine with it either way though. Just thankful that we have this opportunity. ;)

Reply #27
I think the only way visually the 2 cars per month can be pulled off nicely is if both cars were taken in the same photograph. My suggestion would be to do calendar photo-shoots perhaps at Cat Jam..

Reply #28
Carlise would be a great place to take Pics or find a larger base of cats and birds just a idea ;)

Reply #29
I'm still building mine.I may have to wait for next year.....maybe not.I'm going as fast as I can.I still need paint,and to pretty up the H.O.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..