Skip to main content
Topic: *update* - center console panel question - *update* (Read 21624 times) previous topic - next topic

*update* - center console panel question - *update*

Reply #30
Please put me in for a dual power seats one :D
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
5.0L Speed density
Explorer intake
'92 Mustang GT cam
GT-40 racing heads
Unequal length headers
Custom-made duals
19# injectors
65mm TB
AFPR
T/C header panel
11" brake upgrade
T/C rear sway bar
Electrical mods: too many to list :D

Reply #31
I'm anxious to see a pic of it.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #32
I'd be interested in getting one for dual power seats.  I, too, am anxious to see what these things are going to look like.
-Jim
1987 Cougar LS 5.0

Reply #33
Thers another design, too:

Mirrors.

and thats it. just mirrors. My last one had just mirrors. Thats how base my car is:grinno:

Will one of these fit the consolette? I might want one. I don't know if I'm gonna put power windows in though, so I can't commit just yet.
--Steve
[thread=28690]1988 Cougar V6[/thread]
2012 F-150 3.7L
2011 Mustang 3.7L

Reply #34
Quote from: sarjxxx;325043
Thers another design, too:

Mirrors.

and thats it. just mirrors. My last one had just mirrors. Thats how base my car is:grinno:

Will one of these fit the consolette? I might want one. I don't know if I'm gonna put power windows in though, so I can't commit just yet.

Sorry, I hadn't considered that one.  My car universe is pretty discriminatory, there are only TCs (no offense intended, guys and gals). 

As far as I know, that panel is the same shape for all cars with that console.  (Somebody step in here if that's incorrect.)

It wouldn't be a problem having one made with just mirror controls, but obviously, I need to know that before they start cutting.  You've got a few weeks to think about it.
#1 (left): undergoing top-to-bottom rebuild     
#2 (right): DD, power everything (sorta)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #35
There's a difference.The console equipped cars panel has a slight curve to it.The consolette panel is flat.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #36
Yeah, I thought so. Ok, don't worry about it then.
--Steve
[thread=28690]1988 Cougar V6[/thread]
2012 F-150 3.7L
2011 Mustang 3.7L

Reply #37
Quote from: vinnietbird;325092
There's a difference.The console equipped cars panel has a slight curve to it.The consolette panel is flat.

Vinnie, is that the only difference?  IOW, did they start with the same piece then bend the ones for the console?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #38
Quote from: t3skidoo;325151
Vinnie, is that the only difference?  IOW, did they start with the same piece then bend the ones for the console?

It's not even close, totally different.
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Reply #39
Yep...totally different.

Does that mean no panels for us?

Reply #40
Quote from: vinnietbird;325161
Yep...totally different.

Does that mean no panels for us?

It means no panels for sarjxxx (just yet). 

The shape I'm getting made is an isosceles trapezoid with a Nike swooshstika-like arc in the profile of the plane that fits the center consoles found in TCs made after '84.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #41
WOO-HOOOOOO !!! Happy Dance.So,tell me again when these should be ready. Are they supposed to light up? Yes,I know the info is in here,but I'm tired and don't feel like looking.

Reply #42
The Monday after July 4 I'll get the material cut and delivered to the CNC place.  At that point, I'll tell them exactly what needs to be done, the engineer will take measurements, and create the CAM file.  Then they'll give an ETA.  They might run one to make sure everything fits properly, the prototype for show.  My guess is they'll be ready in early August, but hopefully late July.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #43
I'll take one with dual power seats and one with no power seats if possible. Yep, my tbird has manual seats and the cougar has dual power seats.
~1988 thunderbird~
In hibernation, waiting for spring.

Reply #44
You know I am seriously thinking of reverting back to my manual passenger seat track. The main reason is because I don't have the power track for the Tbird that includes the seat belt mount. It was a strangely different configuration on the Lincoln Continental I got it from which would have to be seen to understand. I had mounted the seat belt to the rear inner seat track bolt but I don't like it there that way. Further reinforcing my decision to swatch back is because I do not want to clutter my console with an odd arrangement of switches. Since I got the Mark VII automatic floor shifter my plan to house all the Tbird power switches within the SN-95 Mustang shift bezel had to be changed. I have plans now to include it all in the unused e-brake slot in the Mustang console, but i think the extra passenger power seat switch would be clutter. None of my new cars have a power passenger seat and if I had the actual Tbird spec power seat track I might reconsider leaving it and just relocating the seat switch along the side of the seat where it is on most cars these days.