Skip to main content
Topic: i think i found my hood!!! (Read 2949 times) previous topic - next topic

i think i found my hood!!!

http://www.carhoods.com/
look up t-birds i want the big scoop!:evilgrin::burnout:

any1 ever use them?

Reply #1
The 10" Torpedo hood? You can't really drive that on the street. I don't think its technically illegal, but you won't be able to see anything, like curbs. I have enough trouble with my 4" standard cowl. Granted, I'm short.

Beyond that, I think I have pictures of at least 2 80's birds with that particular style hood. Seems to me you have an MN-12 though and it looks like they don't offer the torpedo for your car. There are however many other sites that have hoods for the MN-12.
1983 Tbird with '03 Split Port V6 motor swap done! Headers, dual exhaust, 500CFM Edelbrock, 3G upgrade, Electric fan. 3.73 Gears and an FRPP Limited Slip. Five lug complete! 5-Speed conversion complete! Standalone Fuel Injection in progress...

Reply #2

:hick::hick::hick:

They should make the GT-41 Style for our cars.
~Project ThunderStorm = '84 Charcoal Thunderbird - First Car - Long Time Work in Progress~
~Project (No Name Yet) = 1970 Plymouth GTX/RR "Clone"~

Reply #3
Wrong hood Romeo...That's the Torpedo.

But I'm not sure the GT-41 hood fits with our cars, seems a little edgy.
1983 Tbird with '03 Split Port V6 motor swap done! Headers, dual exhaust, 500CFM Edelbrock, 3G upgrade, Electric fan. 3.73 Gears and an FRPP Limited Slip. Five lug complete! 5-Speed conversion complete! Standalone Fuel Injection in progress...

Reply #4
I am cheating, just going to bolt on a 87/88 turbo cope hood... relativly cheap and not too hard to find....

with that torpedo hood... right hand turns would be a pain... and forbid if a "smart car was at you right fender!!
1985 TC (yet another one) Fully loaded
has 225k mile  still with the factory head gasket

84  Turbo ranger  Daily driver  ($800.00 Ebay deal)
          volvo FMIC and more getto rigging than the law should allow

Reply #5
Quote from: jrad235;308212
The 10" Torpedo hood? You can't really drive that on the street. I don't think its technically illegal, but you won't be able to see anything, like curbs. I have enough trouble with my 4" standard cowl. Granted, I'm short.

Beyond that, I think I have pictures of at least 2 80's birds with that particular style hood. Seems to me you have an MN-12 though and it looks like they don't offer the torpedo for your car. There are however many other sites that have hoods for the MN-12.

lol my fox car isnt realy streelable any way:evilgrin::burnout:

Reply #6
Ooh yeah, that car. :D

Reply #7
unless you have a 460 with a tunnel ram or 6-71, that hood is gay....

and then if you have either of those you want it sticking out anyways....

yeah it is kinda gay

Reply #8
Quote from: 1WLD BRD;308238
unless you have a 460 with a tunnel ram or 6-71, that hood is gay....

and then if you have either of those you want it sticking out anyways....

I have to say I agree.  Sorry man.

Remind me Pegasus, what are the specs on your car?  It looks mean with the drag slicks.
'88 'bird, 10.9:1 306 w/TFS top end, forged rods/pistons, T-5 swap & bunch of other stuff, 1-family owned, had it since ‘98, 5.0tbrd88 on Instagram and YouTube

Reply #9
Dominator hood is way better than the torpedo hood.
1988 Thunderbird Sport. Work in Progress
5.8L swap w/fitech efi, 4R70W swap w/quick 4 controller, 2003 GT rear diff, 5 Lug swap

Bought this car back as an old project car.

:burnout:

Reply #10
thats the company I bought mine from
1986 T-bird
347 stroker motor
185 AFR Heads
TrickFlow cam 224/232-542/563
Victor Jr. intake CNC ported
Quickfuel Holley 800 cfm
Hooker 1-3/4 long tubes
Custom built AOD
B&M 3000 stall
8.8 w/4.30 gears
UPR K-member,A-Arms,and coil-overs
UPR upper/lower control arms
Strange shocks/struts
26x10x15 M/T slicks
11.48@119.27
(coming soon Tremec 3550)
The Finished Product
http://s174.photobucket.com/albums/w92/03grinnie/T-bird/

Reply #11
I got mine from them as well, only it was thier other site, usbody.com . Mine is the Dominater 3" cowl. It's a nice hood but mine took a good bit of work to get it right.

Reply #12
Why Not try something a little different and all Ford, not 80's Prostock. Use the T-Bolt scoop on a flat hood or a 1982 Mustang GT scoop on the flat hood, cowls belong on a chevrolet and nothing else.

Reply #13
Not sure if the t-bolt scoops really work on our cars, but the 82 GT scoop is useless! I don't know about the rest of you, but the only reason I have one is because I need the clearance, so 80's prostock it is.

Reply #14
the engine in it now is a 302 with a e-cam and 1.7 roller rockers and some ported E7s Im using a C4 with a 3000-3500 tci converter on a step 2 with roll control the rear end in a ford 9in with 4:56 the int is stripped. it ran 12.90's in a 3350 lb car on street ET's w3.55's

sitting in the shop is 351W with 69 heads and a cardbord box full of goodies from ohio crankshaft that i bought from a puppies shop. and a oil filled coffee can full of frpp 1.6 roller rockers and a dual shot cheater Kit also picked up used

I have about 1,000 in the 351 but it still needs to hit the machine shop