Skip to main content
Topic: Another Lower Intake Question - Sealant (Read 468 times) previous topic - next topic

Another Lower Intake Question - Sealant

Ok, here's another question. I've searched around on the Mustang boards and found different opinions, so I figured I'd ask here since I trust you guys the most.

Concerning sealant for the lower intake gaskets, where should I apply it? I plan to use silicone generously for the front and back seals (especially the corners), but am unsure about the side gaskets.

The Fel Pro instructions say none is needed. Some people say apply it around the coolant orifices, and I've seen some people put it everywhere. Opinions?
1984 Cougar Convertible
1988 Cougar XR-7

Another Lower Intake Question - Sealant

Reply #1
ok it is a good idea to use rtv on the frount and back of the intake. but be careful to not use too much cuz if it gets into the engine it can cause prsoblems. but for the gaskets just use a little bit to hold the gasket in place. and if you want too it doesn't hurt to put a little bead around the water jackets.  Hope that helps ya
2001 Buick Regal LS (DD):hick:

Got that fox rash again!

-Resident smartass! :ies:

- Don't listen to the naysayers. For every person who actually helps with your project there will be 10 who will discourage you all the while thinking that they are helping. 99% of all people have good intentions. That doesn't make them right.- XR7 Dave - SCCOA.Com