Skip to main content
Topic: New 87-88 Cougar Headlights (Read 1101 times) previous topic - next topic

New 87-88 Cougar Headlights

Heads up!

Driver's side

Passenger's side
1984 Cougar Convertible
1988 Cougar XR-7

Reply #1
Somebody better get those quick. Never sure when that deal will come around again.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #2
Those are purrrdy, Only 1 sold though...
~Project ThunderStorm = '84 Charcoal Thunderbird - First Car - Long Time Work in Progress~
~Project (No Name Yet) = 1970 Plymouth GTX/RR "Clone"~

Reply #3
Read carefully,  I think one is the lens only and one is the housing only.
Mike

Reply #4
If you read more, they both state they are the lens housing. The assembly. Just no brackets or bulbs.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #5
I was ready to jump on that, but I'm not sure it's worth it for just one.  Unless somebody knows of another place where I could get the right side.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #6
Probably more than worth it. Look at us Thunderbird guys. Over $100.00 a piece IF you can find a light. You guys better grab what you can when you can. Parts are getting harder and harder to find by the month.

Reply #8
Just for the hell of it I emailed the guy asking if he had any more.  GREAT CALL on my part.  He posted another one so I could buy a pair.  For all I know he may have even more so if anyone else is interested it might be worth an email.

Now I am going to have to try to find some non-faded corner lenses too so things will match.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #9
Go to the link I'm posting, and tell him which front lights (other than headlights because he doesn't have them) that you want. He sells them in pairs, and super cheap. Nice quality. They take about a month or so to get to you from Mexico, but they will arrive, and for the cost of one NOS light, you can get all 4 front lights. I got the inners and outers for the Sport. I was very pleased with them. They are not Ford parts, and they are made from a different material (an acrylic stuff). They actually feel a little different, but, they look good, and will work great.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1983-1986-Ford-Thunderbird-Side-Marker-Lights-Pair-Reproductions-New-/370578286830?fits=Model:Thunderbird&hash=item56482fe8ee&item=370578286830&pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr

Reply #10
Vin, I got some of those Meheecan lenses for my '84. Did you do a test fit? Are they on the car now?

Reason I ask is, the '83-86 Cougar front side markers ended up being a little undersized. They're close but not perfect. They also are semi-dull; I can likely sand and hand polish them for a better shine. I mean, you're right, for the price you can't beat them but the ones I got are definitely not OEM quality. Just wanted to check for the 1987-88 body style.

Reply #11
Mine were clear and fit well. No, they are not on the car until I re-re-paint it (hail damage), but I did test fit them. Good fit, and way better than the faded and old lights. Nope, not Ford parts, but, in a world where our parts are almost impossible to find any more, they are a welcome product. If someone would make new lenses for the '87/'88 Birds, sell them for $25.00 each, they could make some serious bank.

Reply #12
Quote from: vinnietbird;378257
Go to the link I'm posting[/url]

I'm definitely going to check that out.  Thanks for the tip!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #13
Yep, another of my many services to my fellow members.

Reply #14
Housings/lenses arrived today already and they look great.  The Cat is outside for the winter, while my wife's car is in the garage so she doesn't have to se frost every morning.  In the summer the Cougar will go back in out of the sun, but I think I am going to wait to put these lenses on until the car has a permanent spot in a garage.  Hopefully that will help keep them looking fresh.

Anyhow, many thanks to 4thqtr for the lead.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]