Skip to main content
Topic: Headlight Lense Options (Read 5298 times) previous topic - next topic

Headlight Lense Options

Hey Fellas, Got an 87 Former Turbo Coupe with somewhat opaque lenses.  Did a little research but was looking for the simplest factory-looking lens upgrade choices.  Didn't want to mess with the wiring since the interior is pretty factory fresh.  Pics would be great to aid in the decision.  Thx

Headlight Lense Options

Reply #2
Thanks for the links. I was thinking something beyond the factory replacements.  The ones I have are factory replacements and they only lasted a few years under semi-protected conditions.  Thought you guys might have come across some OEM looking clear lense replacements/retro fits.

Headlight Lense Options

Reply #3
Only '87/'88 Thunderbird headlights fit Thunderbirds. Nothing else swaps over.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Headlight Lense Options

Reply #4
Quote from: jdouglas87;395361
I was thinking something beyond the factory replacements....... clear lense replacements/retro fits.

:D

...and there was light!

Headlight Lense Options

Reply #6
Make me a pair of those.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Headlight Lense Options

Reply #7
Quote from: vinnietbird;395377
Make me a pair of those.

I can definitely make another set.
...and there was light!

Headlight Lense Options

Reply #8
PM me the details, and the $$ amount.

Headlight Lense Options

Reply #9
Quote from: vinnietbird;395427

Same here. How much trouble would it be to make a set for a Mountaineer/Explorer, as well?
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Headlight Lense Options

Reply #10
Quote from: vinnietbird;395427

Will do.

Quote from: ThunderbirdSport302;395428
Same here. How much trouble would it be to make a set for a Mountaineer/Explorer, as well?

Sure thing. For the Explorer, as long as it has clear lenses it is very doable. Even if it doesn't have clear lenses from factory I would bet there is aftermarket lights available with clear lenses.
...and there was light!

Headlight Lense Options

Reply #12
Quote from: T-BirdX3;395429
Sure thing. For the Explorer, as long as it has clear lenses it is very doable. Even if it doesn't have clear lenses from factory I would bet there is aftermarket lights available with clear lenses.

http://www.foxtbirdcougarforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=29834&d=1341535540

Like this?
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Headlight Lense Options

Reply #13
Not like that, no.  It can be done with a lot of elbow grease and determination, along with sand paper and rubbing compound.  OR, you could start with something like this:  http://www.andysautosport.com/ford/1995_2001_explorer/lights/headlights/spec_d/spcd00010099.html which is perfectly retrofit ready.

Headlight Lense Options

Reply #14

No, those will cause massive amounts of glare.

Quote from: TheFoeYouKnow;395438
Not like that, no.  It can be done with a lot of elbow grease and determination, along with sand paper and rubbing compound.  OR, you could start with something like this:  http://www.andysautosport.com/ford/1995_2001_explorer/lights/headlights/spec_d/spcd00010099.html which is perfectly retrofit ready.

Something like this works very well, notice how the lense is clear with no diffusers/flutes in it.
...and there was light!