Skip to main content
Topic: 1988 Mercury Cougar GS WITH XR-7 FEATURES! (Read 1079 times) previous topic - next topic

1988 Mercury Cougar GS WITH XR-7 FEATURES!

Reply #15
Um, that is an XR-7. GS's weren't available in '88 and unless your friend went way out of his way to convert an LS meaning that he added the XR-7 specific pinstripes, blacked out window trim, body colored mirrors, body colored side molding, XR-7 only body colored turbine wheels (speaking '88, excluding the '87 20ths), it's an XR-7.

Reply #16
Quote from: Crusher;191279
No where on the Car does it say XR-7 , and not even on the title :S...  Also Weird i have been saying RX-7 woops lol.  IF anyone is interesting I will post new pictures on a real cam.

I'd be interested in a picture under the car from the rear and a better one of the engine compartment.

The problem with your pictures is lighting. Turning the flash on (not auto) or taking them in good sunlight will fix it.

Reply #17
Quote from: Crusher;191279
IF anyone is interesting I will post new pictures on a real cam.

If you can, that'd be great, I'd like to see some better pics of the engine and if you could, some from under it, quarters, wheel wells, and under the rear of it. Interior too.
Those auto focus digi cams are handy. ;)
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Reply #18
alright I will borrow a new digital cam because the one I had din't have auto focus... lol...
.: Lastest :.

Reply #19
i new it was a manual focus.- lol -I've made pics like that before
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #20
Quote from: Crusher;191444
alright I will borrow a new digital cam because the one I had din't have auto focus... lol...

Quote from: daminc;191446
i new it was a manual focus.- lol -I've made pics like that before

The data shows the camera was Hewlett Packard M307. Those have an auto focus. I hate to say this, but even the best of camera can still give pictures like that if you don't learn how to use a camera properly.

As mentioned, the lighting was bad and you didn't hold the camera steady enough.

Reply #21
wow thats a very unsteady hand.
ever since i got my canon years ago, i've never had a bad pic.
those little powershots are great for the price.
Just in case anyone was looking for a last minute christmas idea.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #22
Quote from: daminc;191485
wow thats a very unsteady hand.
ever since i got my canon years ago, i've never had a bad pic.
those little powershots are great for the price.
Just in case anyone was looking for a last minute christmas idea.

Some of those pictures show a shutter time of 2 seconds. The camera would have needed to be still for the entire 2 seconds. Holding a camera still, that long without any tripod, is difficult. Obviously that didn't happen!

Had he used a flash, or had better light, the shake issue would have been less of an issue. When you have low light, and not using a flash, the shutter has to stay open longer to get the picture. Therefore, you better have a steady hand. Any movement while the shutter is open will produce the results shown in the pictures here.

Still, even the best of cameras can't save all pictures. The photographer has to know how to work the camera, and know some basics in taking pictures.

Anyway, I guess better get back on topic since this isn't a camera/photography thread, nor the forum for such.

Reply #23
Crusher - PM sent

Reply #24
Alright I got a cam coming to me tomorrow, so I can get the pictures tomorrow :D
.: Lastest :.