Skip to main content
Topic: 87-88 turbo coupe front clip on a 88 cougar xr7 (Read 4661 times) previous topic - next topic

87-88 turbo coupe front clip on a 88 cougar xr7

Can you make a 87-88 turbo coupe front clip on a 1988 cougar xr7 talking header panel, lights bumper and possible fenders, i hit a deer with my xr7 and cant find any parts but found two 87-88 turbo coupes with a nice front. Please help!!!!

Reply #1
Fenders and hoods are the same, and 87-88 header panels and bumpers are interchangeable between cougars and birds.

I believe you have to swap the bumper and header panel together though, since the tbird header panel is more pointy.
CoogarXR : 1985 Cougar XR-7

Reply #2
Thank you for clearing that up im not sure how its going to look but it will be different lol

Reply #3
I almost had the same problem years ago, but opposite.  Hit a deer with my TC and could not find a parts car anywhere.  One yard had a Cougar with a good front end, and I considered buying it til they found the only TC in the county, and I didn't even care that it was maroon going on my blue car.

Reply #4
Forgot to add, post pics if you do it.  Never seen a half breed before.

Reply #5
Have you tried using http://www.car-part.com to locate the parts?  You are really close to Charlotte and a couple other larger cities that may have the parts.

83 351W TKO'd T-Bird on the bottle

93 331 Mustang Coupe - 368 rwhp

Reply #6
It swaps fine, although, I went the other way.

Meet the thundercat. Tbird with a cougar front end.

Later the same night, after draging the car around the driveway with the brakes locked to pull the radiator support out. Ignore the missing light, I was at AutoZone getting a new bulb. And the broken price of the header panel by the hood. When you only have one car, you do what you gotta do.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com