Skip to main content
Topic: CHE Performance Uppers/Lowers (Read 12812 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: CHE Performance Uppers/Lowers

Reply #30
Are these able to be powdercoated in black? Checked the site and didn't see it as an option  :dunno: .
Temporarily Foxless? Ride the Bull...

Reply #31
The control arms are available in just about any color that you would like.  We could even put an Autobots logo on them for you if you really wanted  :)

We have some of our custom colors listed on our site that you can see if you click on the "Custom Colors" link under the Information header on the left navigation bar.

If you don't see the color that you want there, please let us know what you are looking for, we have access to hundreds of powder colors.

The black is not listed in the custom colors because it is the stock color for the Mustang arms, but it is available.  It is a very high gloss Mirror Black.

Reply #32
Am I correct in assuming that the up-adjustment is for allowing easy use of the Mustang rear coils that usually sag the rear end too much (like in Ed 1FSTCAT's car, for example?)

Reply #33
That, and they will also allow for putting larger diameter wheels on at the drag strip.

Reply #34
awesome...i just wanted to take a chance here and say thanks. these are just what we needed. as soon as there are rears with adjustable perches im so in...maby in something like a sour apple green?....thanks again...john
:america: 1988 Thunderbird Sport, Former 4.6 DOHC T56 conversion project.

Rest of the country, Welcome to Massachusettes. Enjoy your stay.

Halfbreed... Mango Orange Y2K Mustang GT
FRPP complete 2000 Cobra engine swap, T56 n' junk...
~John~

Reply #35
Vote for sticky!

Reply #36
Don't mean to stray too much, but I'd like to correct "Ifixyawater". :)

I have Motorsport Turbocoupe lowering springs in mine. Yes, they sit too low, yes, I need this to correct that. Even in my stock picture below, the car sat lower in the rear than in the front..

In addition, others have mentioned twisting that occurs to a car with way too much power, which these could help with.

Many stock spring'd Cougars and Tbirds suffer from rearward sag. This would be beneficial for those guys, as well.

Ever tow anything with your Cougar/Tbird? There's another reason. :)

--Ed
"1FSTCAT" - 87 Mercury Cougar XR7, 5 Speed, Powerdyne Supercharger.

"NTRCPTR" - 91 Crown Vic Police Interceptor - 460 POWERED. 14.15 @ 97 MPH, untuned.

Reply #37
Ed, thanks for clarifying.  There's finally an easy way to level the ride height that isn't air shocks.

Reply #38
Yeah, my cat sags over 5/8" in the rear with essentially no suspension mods in 17 years (just new shocks/struts). I have to wonder how much I'm losing when I launch at the track and I have to look slightly to the left and down to see straight down the track! This is with a locking rear end and 28" drag radials that stick good. Can you say "twistoflex"!

Edit - Oh, and this is with full-length subframe connectors as well!

Quote from: 1FSTCAT
Don't mean to stray too much, but I'd like to correct "Ifixyawater". :)

I have Motorsport Turbocoupe lowering springs in mine. Yes, they sit too low, yes, I need this to correct that. Even in my stock picture below, the car sat lower in the rear than in the front..

In addition, others have mentioned twisting that occurs to a car with way too much power, which these could help with.

Many stock spring'd Cougars and Tbirds suffer from rearward sag. This would be beneficial for those guys, as well.

Ever tow anything with your Cougar/Tbird? There's another reason. :)

--Ed
11.96 @ 118 MPH old 306 KB; 428W coming soon.

Reply #39
I'm totally in on ordering a set of the adjustable ones once they get going.  This is exciting stuff...finally some suspension pieces for our cars.  I just installed lowering springs with my new 8.8 and man does it sag in the ass end with one side lower than the other.  If I had a set of adjustable control arms it would help me out a ton!  I am wondering what other parts might be in the pipeline for our cars from CHE?
'88 'bird, 10.9:1 306 w/TFS top end, forged rods/pistons, T-5 swap & bunch of other stuff, 1-family owned, had it since ‘98, 5.0tbrd88 on Instagram and YouTube

Reply #40
Eric brought his set to the Cleveland area with him when I was in OH this past week and WOW, they're definately nice.

As soon as the adjustables are done, I'm definately in!

Reply #41
yes, as soon as i see the adjustable height ones, im in to. might even buy 2 sets :p

Reply #44
I couldnt take it anymore.  Ordered me a set of adjustable lowers tonight.  Oh yeah...I'm super psyched to finally get my ass-end leveled out.  Can't wait to see what they look like.
'88 'bird, 10.9:1 306 w/TFS top end, forged rods/pistons, T-5 swap & bunch of other stuff, 1-family owned, had it since ‘98, 5.0tbrd88 on Instagram and YouTube