Skip to main content
Topic: HVAC Controls: No heat (Read 943 times) previous topic - next topic

HVAC Controls: No heat

So I recently did a 302 conversion and it running absolutely awesome. I'm just getting the little stuff done on my car and getting the HVAC back up and going. I have all the AC stuff from my donor car that I plan on reinstalling soon but first I'd like to get the heater going.
The heater worked with the 2.3T but since the swap it hasn't, The controls work and the blower motor gets going but it seems like the blend door isn't going to the correct position. Basically I just need to know what exactly lets the HVAC panel run correctly, and where it usually comes from. Vacuum, Wiring??
I have all the schematics printed out but I cant figure this one out.
Also do the late turbo coupes have vacuum reservoirs?
1987 T-Bird TC: 5-Spd, 5-lug conv., CHE Rear CAs, '04 Cobra wheels and 13" Brakes, Vac Assist conv: '93 Cobra BB/MC & Wilwood PV, Gutted/Knived Intakes, T3 turbo, RFE6 Mani, Stinger 3" Exhaust & Oil Feed, 255HP Walbro, Kirban AFPR, RR Cam, Esslinger Cam gear and Round Tooth Conv., Gillis Boost Valve, Speedway Dual Valve Spring,  K&N, 130a 3g Alt conv., 140mph Speedo
Running Better Than Ever :burnout:

Reply #1
You must have the automatic climate control. Both of my 86's have the manual controls and they use a cable to move the blend door but there is a vacuum connector as well. Sorry if this doesn't help.

86' T/C 4.6L DOHC
16' Chebby Cruze 1.4L Turbo
17’ Peterbilt 389 600hp 1850ftlb Trq 18spd

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Heavy Metal Mistress”
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Reply #2
Yes it is the auto climate control. I'd actually like to convert to a manual panel in the future.
1987 T-Bird TC: 5-Spd, 5-lug conv., CHE Rear CAs, '04 Cobra wheels and 13" Brakes, Vac Assist conv: '93 Cobra BB/MC & Wilwood PV, Gutted/Knived Intakes, T3 turbo, RFE6 Mani, Stinger 3" Exhaust & Oil Feed, 255HP Walbro, Kirban AFPR, RR Cam, Esslinger Cam gear and Round Tooth Conv., Gillis Boost Valve, Speedway Dual Valve Spring,  K&N, 130a 3g Alt conv., 140mph Speedo
Running Better Than Ever :burnout: