Skip to main content
Topic: The official archived threads post (Read 33323 times) previous topic - next topic

The official archived threads post

In this thread you'll find archives of the threads that were determined to be invaluable in the old board. The threads were archived verbatim, with nothing changed, so that you may see them as they were originally. They are mostly in PDF format, with links to the original threads on the old board. The original threads will remain active for as long as EZBoard sees fit to keep them so.

I will be updating this post as I get more archived. In the meantime, if any of you get anything archived feel free to post it here as well!

www.foxthundercats.net/140speedoarchive/ JoeFriday's 140 mph speedo mod
www.foxthundercats.net/rearcontrolarms/ Aftermarket rear control arm info
www.foxthundercats.net/199speedomod/ Bondocougar's 199mph digital speedo mod
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Reply #1
Well, I have 1943 threads from the old site saved so far.  :D
Death awaits you all with nasty, big, pointy teeth.

1988 5.0 Bird, mostly stock, partly not, now gone to T-Bird heaven.
1990 Volvo 740GL. 114 tire-shredding horsies, baby!

Reply #2
Quote from: MasterBlaster
Well, I have 1943 threads from the old site saved so far. :D

I guess that's a good deal better than my three... :o
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Re: The official archived threads post

Reply #3
Now, if I can only get my little spinning Ford thing to work over here...

Reply #4
Try it now. I have just reduced the number of posts before you become a member (instead of a "Junior member") to "2". Hopefully that will allow avatars for you.

Reply #5
Nope, not yet.  Still a dot in the "Do not use Avatar" radio-button that won't go away. Maybe this post will put me over the top?

Reply #6
usefull sites i found...
http://www.rustrepair.com/app2/onlinecat.htm?p=sm-ford.cars
http://www.hotrod.com/featuredvehicles/60518/index2.html
http://www.muskatracing.com
http://www.fivestarbodies.com/translator.php?url=catalogrest.cgi&task=showrs2cat&rs2catid=165

people who make and or made cowl hoods for us...
svp unlimited - www.svpu.com/
us autobody - usbody.com/
mp motorsports - www.mpmotorsports.net/
andy capp cobra r hood - ??????????????
Champion Fiberglass 3" cowl - www.championfiberglassproducts.com
Cincinnati Composites - ??????????????
Crites restoration Ram air hood -

thats all i could find worth saveing, but im sure i missed alot. i feel we still need some definent answers on lowering springs, it seams that everytime the question is brought up, the answer is never a deffinent yes you can use... more along the lines of i have these and so far its ok, or the ride is terrable and the ass end drags.

*EDITED BY THUNDER CHICKEN* Removed all of the old EZBoard links, as they don't work anymore

Reply #7
Quote from: Thunder Chicken
In this thread you'll find archives of the threads that were determined to be invaluable in the old board. The threads were archived verbatim, with nothing changed, so that you may see them as they were originally. They are mostly in PDF format, with links to the original threads on the old board. The original threads will remain active for as long as EZBoard sees fit to keep them so.

I will be updating this post as I get more archived. In the meantime, if any of you get anything archived feel free to post it here as well...

Ok, just so I understand it correctly, does this mean most of the threads from the old board will be history unless they are specifically archived?
"lol.. because not too many people care for that style of car"
[size=-2]Click on paw print \/[/size]

Reply #8
Nope. The threads aren't going anywhere, as long as EZBoard doesn't delete 'em. It just means that should that happen there will be backup copies.

Reply #9
Yeah I agree with Nate about the springs question. I could use some more info myself. Maybe if people can post which springs they have w/ a picture and rate them like you see at tire sites ( height, ride quality, clearance, tire size,...etc)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #10
good think'n bob i like that idea. that spring question comes up like every day

Reply #11
Well, I have 1943 threads from the old site saved so far.

Whoops... did I say 1943? I meant 2322.  :D

EDIT: Uhhh... 2692.

All of:
Audio, Body&Appearance, Electrical, Engine Tech, General.

Working on:
Drivetrain, Engine Swapping, Misc, Pro&Street racing, Suspension&Steering.

EDIT: Drivetrain done.

A few batch files, an old DOS Html viewer, a couple of little QBasic programs I whipped up, and they'll all be reduced to pure text. Much easier to archive on my tiny HD or in ZIP files for the site.

Reply #12
when will you be able to allow us to stroll thru them?

Reply #13
when will you be able to allow us to stroll thru them?
Uhhh... :rolleyes: right now. Just click on this link and you can browse to your heart's content. I even set them up to look exactly like the old site, pop-ups and all.

*EDITED BY THUNDER CHICKEN* Removed all of the old EZBoard links, as they don't work anymore

Reply #14
:rollin: