Skip to main content
Topic: 1987 Thunderbird LX (Read 3314 times) previous topic - next topic

1987 Thunderbird LX

Reply #15
Nice score!!  Good luck and enjoy it!
tbirdregistry.com

1987 Thunderbird LX

Reply #16
Today, I replaced the door strikers since I had a little squeak from the doors. I also got the underhood light functioning again. Finally, I got some condensation out of the driver's side headlight. That was a strange one since the car has sat in my garage for the past week.

Quote from: jcassity;468682
first,,
 how much did you score this for?

2nd
i have a few center consoles,, im betting i would have the latch you need so email me jcassity@frontier.com or call 304 772 3411

shawn,,
you had me doing a double take cause i never saw a CFI (87 only for this body) floor shifter car.. LOL)

Thanks, I'll shoot you an email here in a few

Quote from: rodsterh;468683
Nice score!!  Good luck and enjoy it!
  thanks

1987 Thunderbird LX

Reply #17
Quote from: coupid;468669
Its wild to me that the preferred equipment package cost almost triple the upgrade to the 5.0

The Marti report said it was only one of 206 87s with this paint and trim code.

Would you mind posting the Marti Report here?
1985 Mercury Cougar XR-7 - 5-speed 
One of 1,246 built

1987 Thunderbird LX

Reply #18
X here you go!

1987 Thunderbird LX

Reply #19
Interesting.

Thanks. :cool:
1985 Mercury Cougar XR-7 - 5-speed 
One of 1,246 built

1987 Thunderbird LX

Reply #20
Quote from: coupid;468709
X here you go!

You car is similarly equipped to mine. I'm surprised the report doesn't list the floor shifter option, even though it was a requirement with the raven interior.

X
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

1987 Thunderbird LX

Reply #21
I really like your two-tone paint. Yeah they are pretty similar. Could you get the floor shifter with the bench seat?

1987 Thunderbird LX

Reply #22
Quote from: coupid;468718
I really like your two-tone paint. Yeah they are pretty similar. Could you get the floor shifter with the bench seat?

Nope. The "bench seat" (technically still bucket seats) had a consolette in the middle that moved with the seat. When moved all the way up the consolette would cover the area where the floor shifter would be located.

My car no longer has the consolette. I removed it from the driver's seat when I had the front seats reupholstered. I replaced it with a full length console (I found a mint smoke gray one in a wrecking yard years ago). I never converted the car to a floor shifter though. I have all the parts but I haven't found the need to do it yet. If I ever swap the FRPP shorty headers on the car for long tubes I'll have no choice, but I don't see that happening anytime soon.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

1987 Thunderbird LX

Reply #23
This weekend I replaced a sweeping power steering return line, center console latch and pulled the door card to reattach the power door lock actuator.

Then I took it on a 100 mile shakedown run to prepare for a trip to a car show in Sonoma next month.

I'm loving this car!

1987 Thunderbird LX

Reply #24
On it's shakedown run:X

1987 Thunderbird LX

Reply #25
Looking good.

A set of 10 holes with Thunderbird center caps would look killer on that car.

1987 Thunderbird LX

Reply #26
Quote from: thunderjet302;468713
You car is similarly equipped to mine. I'm surprised the report doesn't list the floor shifter option, even though it was a requirement with the raven interior.

That's probably part of the Premium Luxury Package that coupids has that yours doesn't have.
It's Gumby's fault.

1987 Thunderbird LX

Reply #27
Quote from: Tbird232ci;468898
That's probably part of the Premium Luxury Package that coupids has that yours doesn't have.

That only existed in 87. In 88 you couldn't get the floor shift and sport seats in the LX, only the Sport and Turbo Coupe. I'd like to see an 87 order guide to see if the floor shift and sport seats were part of the Premium Luxury Package or a separate add on.

In the grand scheme of things it really doesn't matter. Just curiosity on my part as to how the options were different on the 87 and 88 LX.