Skip to main content
Topic: NEGATIVE for 84 Fila (Read 5589 times) previous topic - next topic

NEGATIVE for 84 FIla

Reply #15
heres the update AFAIK.

• the door lock cylinders ARE lost.
  • in a stroke of pure dumb luck, the FILAs door locks cylinders are keyed the same as the TC
  • Fila has decided to substitute the door cylinders from the FILA to complete the set he committed to me
  • he will let me know, but it seems good to him
  • i got one pic last night, of a deck lid to show the face of one lock in the set
  • more "tomorrow"
gumby - beauty may fade, but stupid is forever!

NEGATIVE for 84 FIla

Reply #16
Quote from: gumby;158906
heres the update AFAIK.

• in a stroke of pure dumb luck, the FILAs door locks cylinders are keyed the same as the TC
  • Fila has decided to substitute the door cylinders from the FILA to complete the set he committed to me

Just a heads up...I don't think the door cylinders are the same.

When I was puttng the '83 back together after paint, I was looking for a black set to replace the illuminated ones that were originally on the car.  A member sent me a set from an 85-86 IIRC and they were NOT the same when it came to try and attache them to the linkage in the door. 
I'm going to guess that while a noble effort, the Fila door lock cyinders will not work in your 87-88TC.
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo

NEGATIVE for 84 FIla

Reply #17
IF that truly is the case Chuck, then I have to say I'm sorry to report that the TC lock cylinders are MIA at the moment. They may have been left in the car when it was junked, or they may be under something in the garrage. I honestly don't know. If you would like to try, I leave the offer open for the Fila locks anyways

NEGATIVE for 84 FIla

Reply #18
Has money been exchanged in this "deal".

If so and you don't have the agreed on parts, then I think you know what you should do.

NEGATIVE for 84 FIla

Reply #19
83-86 cars use the trunk key in the doors. 87-88 use the ignition key. That in and of itself makes it incorrect.

NEGATIVE for 84 FIla

Reply #20
No money, no parts, no exchange. And what I will do is call off the deal and continue the search for the lock cylinders. If I don't find them then I'm sorry for the waste of time Gumby. If I do then we can keep the current deal if you want, or a discount, what ever. I just wana make it right

NEGATIVE for 84 FIla

Reply #21
The TC trunk key opens and locks the Fila's locks. The ignition from teh TC how ever does not work in the Fila. TC keys worked great in all the locks of the TC but again, the lock cylinders for the doors are MIA at the moment

NEGATIVE for 84 FIla

Reply #22
83-86 cars use the trunk key in the doors. 87-88 use the ignition key. That in and of itself makes it incorrect.

1983-84 use the round key (trunk, glove box) for the door locks; that was the old 8-pin system. Starting in 1985 Ford used a 10-pin system, where the ignition key also worked the door locks; the round key still worked the trunk lock and the glove box. Physically I've never found a difference in lock cylinder SIZE between the older and newer locks, so they could interchange as long as they're not going from round to the square, illumintated kind.

So, Mike (Fila)...why would you offer to sell the locks from your car? Just to save face, or what? That's pretty stupid...actually one of the dumbest things I've ever heard. Weren't you the guy that said locks were too much of a pain to take out in the first place?

If you're not going to follow through on the sale of your parts, don't advertise them. Period. So far all we've seen is talk...very few people seem to have made an actual, completed transaction with you. Two strikes...

NEGATIVE for 84 FIla

Reply #23
(moved the door lock posts to another thread)

NEGATIVE for 84 FIla

Reply #24
repostin relevent info from lock question post. ;)

Quote from: Ether947;158844
Now I realize you[Fila] are 18, but if I say I'm going to ship tomorrow, unless something comes up (I've shipped an item on my vacation some 12hrs from home) you better believe I'm going to get my ass to that carrier. It really doesn't matter if you call or email. If it ain't in the mail, it ain't in the mail.

That's my advice. Take it or leave it.

quoted for posterity's sake.
antonio, i hesitated to make this thread as well. i try to give the benefit of the doubt, but after re-readin sleepers thread and now seein your post here im startin to see a pattern :punchballs: 

Fila, for now, i will decline on the lock set since it is not complete, and there are questions about interchangeability with my car. if you happen across the TC door cylinders, let me know.
gumby - beauty may fade, but stupid is forever!

NEGATIVE for 84 FIla

Reply #25
Sure thing Gumby, I'll continue the search.

NEGATIVE for 84 FIla

Reply #26
Updated...
Gumby: I'm good with Gumby again after just calling off the deal till he either finds another set of I find the TC locks

Antionio: Will have a real updat on about wendsay when I get money for parts I'm buying and I send the fan the same day. Worked it out over the phone.

Lesson learned... Keep my shiznit together and don't get head of my self. If I make a deal I better follow through with it ASAP

Negative for 84Fila

Reply #27
Been putting this off for way too long. Sent money many moons ago. Never recieved part. Asked for a partial refund... got nothing but more excuses. Don't care anymore. I'm just about done with these cars anyways.

I don't want the money nor the part. Not holding my breath. Just making it known. In fact, mods please lock this thread from posting.
2005 Subaru WRX STi|daily driver

Negative for 84Fila

Reply #28
Sent part on agreement that he would pay when he could. Was told this and that but never got money. Don't want the money, don't want the part back. Just buyer beware 84Fila. Don't want a comment battle on this either. Mods, could you lock this up?
Brian

NEGATIVE for 84 FIla

Reply #29
Maybe one useful information before it gets locked is you stating how long you've been waiting for the money.