Skip to main content
Topic: Custom Gauges into cubby holder? (Read 2463 times) previous topic - next topic

Custom Gauges into cubby holder?

hey i was wondering if anyone knew how i would go about mounting custom gauges into the stroage bin above my cd player?

Thanks Matt

Re: Custom Gauges into cubby holder?

Reply #1
I mounted one of those Sunpro 1 1/2" triple gauge clusters to the bin, after hacking a small amount of it off. (so the cluster could fit between the bin and the trim) If I had it to do all over again, and I just might, I'd try to fabricate some aluminum or other metal into a bracket that bolted up to the storage bin's mounting holes and I'd just eliminate the bin altogether.

Reply #2
thanks alot for the info!

Reply #3
I used a thin piece of wood painted it black countoured it to bolt in place of the cubby then drilled holes for 3 1.5" gauges

Reply #4
I tried the wood thing, but I ended up making the holes a little too close and a little too small.. and I think it broke while I was trying to remedy that.

Reply #5
I made a plate out of aluminum and put an oil pressure and a water temp gauge in it. I had to use a drill press with a hole saw to make room on the plastic trim part that goes around everything in the center console thing (you know what I'm talking about :p) I took pics but they're on the old site and I don't have a link to it (changed bookmark to this one)

Reply #7
I built one about three years ago, it's for sale now. $25US shipped to anyone that wants it, also include the modified bezel.

Reply #8

Summit makes this digital gauge cluster that fits into a DIN slot, comes with all the needed sending units.

Reply #9
That doesn't look too bad, but it's a little too shiny for my liking. I might have trouble reading that at times.

Reply #10
I simply made a panel out of some plastic and shaped the opening of the trim panel a bit to fit around the bezels of the gauges.