Skip to main content
Topic: seat removal (Read 2483 times) previous topic - next topic

seat removal

1987 Cougar LS.  How does one remove the driver's seat?  I'm looking to get underneath to try and figure out my non-working power seat issue.

seat removal

Reply #2
Four bolts and (I think) two plugs for the power seat motor and you should be able to lift the seat out.  The bolts are covered by some small plastic trim pieces that are attached to the seat with screws.  After you take off those trim pieces you should see the bolt heads.  Technically there are two bolts and two nuts screwed onto studs.  Those studs help you re-position the seat when you put it back in.
-Jim
1987 Cougar LS 5.0

seat removal

Reply #3
Thanks, guys.

seat removal

Reply #4
I have a 1986 mercury cougar and the seat switch doesn't work. I am not sure if i just need to get a just a Seat Motor or a Reclining Seat Motor. Does anyone know?

seat removal

Reply #5
Quote from: Koi;458953
I have a 1986 mercury cougar and the seat switch doesn't work. I am not sure if i just need to get a just a Seat Motor or a Reclining Seat Motor. Does anyone know?

Is the switch or the motor bad? The reclining seat motor has nothing to do with making the seat move back and forth. It's a separate unit.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

seat removal

Reply #6
Six threads from the dead and he finally gets an answer...just post up a new thread next time in the electrical section and you will get some help.  I may take a day or so but someone will eventually help out.  Not getting on your case just saying that one thread dedicated to your problem will yield better results and if someone else every has the same problem they will not have to dig through a bunch of threads like you did.

83 351W TKO'd T-Bird on the bottle

93 331 Mustang Coupe - 368 rwhp