Skip to main content
Topic: passenger seat track to driver's seat? (Read 2100 times) previous topic - next topic

passenger seat track to driver's seat?

Could I do this?

I'd like to convert my driver's seat to a regular non-power track (and maybe ditch some weight in the process). I have a manual passenger seat track from an '84 bird, could I use that? Or, should I just take the driver's side track from my '90 mustang?

Garrett H.
'94 F250 XLT- 4x4, 5 speed, 7.3 IDI Turbo Diesel, 4" intake, 4" exhaust, 5" turnout stacks, manual hubs, etc.
'87 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe
Engine, wheels, tires, etc!
Exhaust sound clip
Another clip

Re: passenger seat track to driver's seat?

Reply #1
Wouldn't you have problems with the seat belt brackets?
I think you should swap the tracks from the Mustang.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #2
seat belt brackets? They aren't attached to the seats...?

Anyway. Maybe I should just steal the track out of my mustang, it's not looking like it will ever be driven again anyway.

Garrett H.
'94 F250 XLT- 4x4, 5 speed, 7.3 IDI Turbo Diesel, 4" intake, 4" exhaust, 5" turnout stacks, manual hubs, etc.
Exhaust sound clip
Another clip

Reply #3
They aren't?
I must be confusing the Fox and MN12 tracks...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #4
The part of the seat belt that the belt clicks into is fastened to the seat track on a fox. ;)  I think someone on here said the Mustang tracks bolt to the floor different than the Tbirds/Cougars. :dunno:
95 Ranger Splash 2.3
88 Tbird Sport :ies::ies:
5.0 SO, stainless shorty headers, w/ Magnaflow lers. KYB struts, KYB shocks. 5lug conversion from sn95 Mustang, subframe connectors, drilled and slotted rotors, 03 Mach 1 wheels. sequential taillights.140 speedo

Reply #5
You mean the belt "buckle" as I guess you would call it?

No, it's bolted to the transmission tunnel in both my mustang and my thunderbird.

Anyway I'll have to look at the tracks and see what the difference is.

Garrett H.
Exhaust sound clip
Another clip

Reply #6
Doh! You guys were right about the buckle. It is attached to the seat track on my bird...I thought it was the same as my mustang, which has it bolted to the transmission tunnel.

And the tracks are different where they bolt to the floor between the thunderbird and mustang. Ah well, so much for that idea...

Garrett H.
Exhaust sound clip
Another clip

passenger seat track to driver's seat?

Reply #7
I have a 1986 mercury cougar and the seat switch doesn't work. I am not sure if i just need to get a just a Seat Motor or a Reclining Seat Motor. Does anyone know?