Skip to main content
Topic: NEW center console/door lock decals available NOW! (Read 2864 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: NEW center console/door lock decals available NOW!

Reply #15
Quote from: cougrrr302
shiznit I didnt know that only having power windows and mirrors was rare. Thats some cool shiznit. I dont know if i wanna change anything on this car now.

I think they mean with the full console

Reply #16
?????
"Real cars dont power the front wheels, they lift them"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1984 Mercury Cougar GS 5.0:cougarsmily: BBK Equal Length Shorties, BBK O/R X-Pipe, Magnaflow Magnapacks, Mustang GT Stainless Tailpipes, 18" Magnaflow Rolled Edge Tips. Turbo Coupe Hood, Mach 1 Chin Spoiler. 17"x9" Cobra R's, Falken Ziex 255/50s, and 245/45s.
1984 Ford Thunderbird 3.8L "Drag Queen"
2009 Dodge Ram 1500 Lone Star Edition 5.7L Hemi 400hp, lex DOD14M Magnaflow retro-fit ler kit

Reply #17
I'd be interested in a set for 83-84 cars as well....not too concerned about the texture. The Tbird is going to be power mirrors/windows and manual seats and the Cougar will be full power (seats, mirrors,mirrors).

If it's a no-go, then no biggie.
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo

Reply #18
Ha ha, OK, I should elaborate. The no power seat cars are rare with the "sport" or TC style interior, aka full console and bucket seats. The bench seat cars are actually more rare as dual power.

I can go through another long, expensive, design process to make the 83-84 style incorrectly, and then sell one set to Chuck, or I can see about doing them the correct way. If you guys REALLY want them, somebody send me a decent one (dual power seat preferred) to use as the prototype, it will not be harmed and it will be sent back!

Michael

Reply #19
how about a really good high quallity scan of it with only one power seat? Would that work I'd tell you the spacing is problly the same but the mirror and window switches are reversed from the 85-88. Also the Mirror Swtich is a round joystick not the square pad type. If the scan would work I'll yank it off and scan it. Let me know I'm very interested in this. Chuck can tell ya I'm a fellow 83-84 junkie.
84 Turbo coupe 2.3T Modded with 88 upper and lower intake, 88 injectors, E6 manifold, T3-4 AR.60 turbo, 31X12X3 FMIC, Homemade MBC , Greddy knock off BPV.
4 eyes see better than 2! 
Da Bird!

FreeBird

Reply #20
GOOD NEWS! Since I now own an 83, and my 84 parts car coughed up a decent single power seat version, we WILL have correct 83/84 decals available! They are in the shop right now getting prototyped. Correct texture and everything. Slightly more expensive than the base 85/6/7/8 versions, but they will be factory correct. I'll also make custom ones available, as usual. Now if somebody can send me a bench seat 83/4 consolette, we'd really be cooking!

Reply #21
The 83/4 does not have a consolette. All 83-84 Birds and Cougs had the full console.

I wish you would've been around when I did the console swap - I had a center piece with just windows and mirrors and threw it awat y because I also had the correct 85-88 plate with just windows and mirrors waiting to go in (took me a helluva long time to find the 85-88 panel without power seats, too
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Reply #22
See! I told you I needed to learn more about the early birds. OK, by Oct, we will have 83/84 All, 85/86 TC/Sport, 87/88 TC/Sport, 85/86 Base, 87/88 Base all available. SO no matter what year, make, or options your Aero-bird or cat, a decal set will be available in original or any way you want it. Now, to do up some SVO's, Mark VIII's, and SC's!

Reply #23
cougrrr302...I believe he meant that he won't keep them in stock, but will make them if you order them.

Reply #24
I decided that I really like you.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Reply #25
i hope that's in a good way :D

Reply #26
How Much for the ones for the 83-84 birds with the one power seat? When will they be ready and does it include some of the power lock buttons too? Let Me know? Hope you take pay pal.
84 Turbo coupe 2.3T Modded with 88 upper and lower intake, 88 injectors, E6 manifold, T3-4 AR.60 turbo, 31X12X3 FMIC, Homemade MBC , Greddy knock off BPV.
4 eyes see better than 2! 
Da Bird!

FreeBird

Reply #27
I will never take PayPal. The 83-84 ones are plugging along, I actually have a meating with the substrate guy tomorrow.

NEW center console/door lock decals available NOW!

Reply #28
Well the 83/84's are now available and I thought I'd bump this one up to remind everyone about the 85/86 and 87/88s.