Skip to main content
Topic: 2008 Focus no spare (Read 2077 times) previous topic - next topic

2008 Focus no spare

My Grandson's new (to him) 2008 Focus has no jack, lug wrench or spare tire.
It has an "emergency mobility kit" which is a cigarette lighter powered air pump and some leak sealant.
It also has tire pressure sensors that can be destroyed by using leak sealers???
Sounds like lousy arrangement to me.

2008 Focus no spare

Reply #1
If a mini-spare is preferable, you should be able to get one out of wrecked Focus right back to the early 2000s, most of them had a 15" mini-spare that will clear the larger brakes on the 08-11 cars.

cheers
Ed
84 Mustang SVO
95 Jaguar XJR

2008 Focus no spare

Reply #2
the world is getting more amazing by the day! 

I think you should make your local dealer your new project and find out where your free spare tire is!

2008 Focus no spare

Reply #3
My 2011 Focus  (same body style 08-11) has a mini spare from the factory. I bought the car new off the dealership lot.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

2008 Focus no spare

Reply #4
My Mustang doesn't have a spare. It's a $200 option, but not available with the 20" wheels mine has. I got the mobility kit too, along with the TPMS-sensor wrecking goo. I tossed a $2 tire plug kit in with it, so if I get a flat I'll plug the hole, pump up the tire, and continue on my way
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

2008 Focus no spare

Reply #5
Good idea. I'll have to get him one.

2008 Focus no spare

Reply #6
Hard to find jacks and spare wheels in the junkyards....they usually take 'em out when they drain fluids...
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

2008 Focus no spare

Reply #7
AAA let them handle it. Some cars don't have a place to put a spare.
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +