Skip to main content
Topic: Window channel rubber for full window 84 TB. (Read 4585 times) previous topic - next topic

Window channel rubber for full window 84 TB.

Can anyone steer me to the door window channel rubber for a84TB full glass no vent window. I saw that the 92 ford topaz fits , but only doors with the vent glass. Any help appreciated. I also need the dew wipes and I found that the posting tha JC Whitney has them part no. KM810358. Is that correct?

Reply #1
Anthony, Try Steel Rubber Products. Not sure if they have what you need but they did carry various weather strip/seals for our cars at one time. Hope this helps. Ray.
87 Tbird LX w/Factory floor shifter:D   3G upgrade. Tinted Windows...85 Mustang GT steering wheel(non-cruise) 17'' Saleen SC style wheels,Front/Rear TC sway bars/poly bushings & Mustang GT steering rack...'05 Mustang V6 springs...93 Cobra MC & booster, MM adjustable C/C plates,  Work  In  Progress.......  ( On The Shelf---HO computer, 19lb injectors, HO cam, BBK headers, Explorer Intake, Cold Air Intake ,Phantom Gauges, Stinger stainless exhaust pipes )
 S O L D

Reply #3
Thank you, I will check out steel and keep checking out salvage yards. Our cars are hard to find now most have been crushed unfortunately.
T

Reply #4
steel rubber don't have them. I ordered a  83 - 88 tbird specific catalog from them. They have just about everything but the dew wipes and window run channels.

86' T/C 4.6L DOHC
16' Chebby Cruze 1.4L Turbo
17’ Peterbilt 389 600hp 1850ftlb Trq 18spd

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Heavy Metal Mistress”
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Reply #5
http://www.lincolnmarkviiparts.com/, this guy help me out on a nice used set from a mark vii

Reply #6
Dew wipes are tough because they have a specific shape that I've not seen offered anywhere. I've always used a generic profile from JC Whitney that seems to be alright. However, I'd prefer the exact profile as I think that would do a better job.

The window channel run should be at JC Whitney. I remember something very close being offered.

Reply #7
I think I read somewhere that a two door topaz/tempo of the same era  had the same window channel.
T-Birds can't fly.  Ask how I know...

Reply #8
Those work if you have vent windows. Those of us with non-vented are still up to our own devices. I'm tempted to send one of my sets to Steele Rubber to see if they will make them.

86' T/C 4.6L DOHC
16' Chebby Cruze 1.4L Turbo
17’ Peterbilt 389 600hp 1850ftlb Trq 18spd

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Heavy Metal Mistress”
[/COLOR][/SIZE]