Skip to main content
Topic: Looking to rescue a 'Bird... (Read 1084 times) previous topic - next topic

Looking to rescue a 'Bird...

My stepson gets his license in December or January. I'd really like to find him a Fox 'Bird (or Cougar) for his first car. Has to be a V6 and has to be cheap... needs work is ok, he needs to learn to maintain a vehicle. I need something that's driveable though, I know how to work on one and have enough projects in the driveway to last until - ??.  I figure I'll be "buying" it from him in a year or so. He says he really wants an El Camino so I also have an ulterior motive I guess. ;)

If anyone knows where there's a neglected specimen in Florida (or anywhere I can drive it back to FL) post up here. If it's a light blue 86 with a blue interior (like the one I loved and the ex wife wrecked) I might even kick a small finder's fee your way.

Re: Looking to rescue a 'Bird...

Reply #1
hello i read your post i have a 85 blue int/ext runs pretty good needs some brake work i just replaced the oil pump and screen and after that the brakes are giving me a problem needs some other minor work too. if your interested email me kjdice@comcast.net i living in N Ft Myers right noe but moving to Lehigh in dec

Reply #2
I have an 86 for sale, but its a 5.0, let me know if you change you mind...

Rick

Reply #3
either of you guys have pics? how much for the cars?
86 thunderbird elan

86 mustang coupe

Reply #4
I can have ppics up by sometime tonight or tomorrow and the asking price (since I have way more than that in it now) would be 950 obo.

Reply #5
I'd probably have taken it off your hands PonyMan but I found a pretty decent Taurus for him....  Only one Fox T'Bird for sale within 200 miles of me for the 2 months I was looking.  :dunno:

The blue/blue is going to have to wait unless it's the exact car I want... '93 needs head gaskets first.

Reply #6
ok, thanks,