Skip to main content
Topic: Service Light (Read 1172 times) previous topic - next topic

Service Light

Hi guys my service light keeps going on and off  and the car is not blowing any codes. Everything is normal any clues?
1986 tbird 5.0

Service Light

Reply #1
The green light under the speedo? That's just a maintenence reminder light.
Current: 1986 Thunderbird, 105k 3.8/C5, 2 tone  Midnight Wine/Medium Taupe, wing windows, wire wheel covers.

Former: 1985 Cougar GS 115k Oxford White/Regatta Blue, 5.0, full console, 14" 8 hole aluminum T-Bird rims, Edelbrock valve covers.

Service Light

Reply #2
Yup that's what it means - I had that light come on as well years back and I was startled - reminder to change oil, do your maintenance etc etc

Service Light

Reply #3
There is a way to reset it. You push some combination of the trip and reset buttons. I forget what it is but I know the directions are in the owner's manual. I'll check what it is when I get home tonight.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Service Light

Reply #4
Yeah its in your o/m...I think you hold trip and reset at the same time or something along those lines.
'88 'bird, 10.9:1 306 w/TFS top end, forged rods/pistons, T-5 swap & bunch of other stuff, 1-family owned, had it since ‘98, 5.0tbrd88 on Instagram and YouTube