Skip to main content
Topic: 3.8 CFI to 2.3T (Read 1384 times) previous topic - next topic

3.8 CFI to 2.3T

So would this be an absolute PITA or just somewhat of a PITA. Right now I'm just tossing some ideas around since I still have some peices laying around from when I was gonna swap a 2.3T into my old Ranger. Main question is will I have to swap k-members? I think that might end up being the make or break factor here, but then again a k-member swap dont seem all that difficult, just time consuming.

I still just might track down some cheap beater 4cyl Ranger an turn it into a sleeper though:evilgrin: .
85 Tbird 5.0
78 F150 351w
13 F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost

3.8 CFI to 2.3T

Reply #1
No need to swap k-members, they are the same between the 3.8 and 2.3T.
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo

3.8 CFI to 2.3T

Reply #2
Fuel lines route across front cross member and up the left side of the engine... You'll need a 2.3 throttle cable(same as any 4 cyl stang)

And of course a 2.3 wiring harness, which the '86 is the one to get, as the '87-'88 has a portion of it's wiring in the ABS/ride control harness... Mostly it's the connector for the EEC test, but I believe there are a few other connections... Also it has the dammed integrated controller module, whereas the earlier ones have separate relays...

3.8 CFI to 2.3T

Reply #3
So it might not be as hard as I was thinking. Like I said I'm just tossing around ideas at the moment. I have a 5.0 in the garage but I just want something different, I mean either way I go its gonna be quicker:hick:
85 Tbird 5.0
78 F150 351w
13 F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost