Skip to main content
Topic: Allentown PA Explosion? (Read 1590 times) previous topic - next topic

Allentown PA Explosion?

Hey, I just saw on fox that there was a natural gas explosion in Allentown PA..... i could have sworn that we had a member from there.  Any ideas?
88 TC, Lots of Mods.

Allentown PA Explosion?

Reply #1
Jay's from Masontown...
--Steve
[thread=28690]1988 Cougar V6[/thread]
2012 F-150 3.7L
2011 Mustang 3.7L

Allentown PA Explosion?

Reply #2
I agree that town sounds familiar.  Hope no one was killed?
Mike

Allentown PA Explosion?

Reply #3
I'm almost positive we have a member from Allentown. I remember a while back in the for sale section there was a member selling some parts or something, almost positive he was from there.
85 Tbird 5.0
78 F150 351w
13 F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost

Allentown PA Explosion?

Reply #4
http://www.foxtbirdcougarforums.com/member.php?596-rodsterh
1986 Mercury Cougar - 2.3T/T5 swap, TC brakes and suspension and rearend, 3" exhaust, 255 lph fuel pump, Stinger BOV, Gillis MBC @ 18 psi
2003 Chevy Suburban Z71 - Daily driver
2015 Chevy Volt - Wife's daily driver

Allentown PA Explosion?

Reply #5
I'm still alive and well!  :hick:  I live outside of Allentown and wasn't in PA when it happened. I know exactly where it is and go to that area for car parts at Advanced Auto. Kitz Katz is in the area too.

It's scary to think how many old gas lines are in cities like Allentown.

Last I heard, at least 5 people were killed including a 4 month old boy. Very sad....
tbirdregistry.com

Allentown PA Explosion?

Reply #6
yikes
--Steve
[thread=28690]1988 Cougar V6[/thread]
2012 F-150 3.7L
2011 Mustang 3.7L

Allentown PA Explosion?

Reply #7
I heard that on the news, and the first thought I had was.....What did kitz do now...

They said it's the 3rd (i think) explosion in the country like this....  we constantly have gas lines leaking on the island where i live... they push 50 lb  line pressure over here because it supplies Canada they said.... Were falling apart at the seems
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Allentown PA Explosion?

Reply #8
i havent heard anything about this, this happened today?
i think there was a gas leak at a house around here a few weeks ago that blew up the house and killed somebody.
"Beating the hell out of other peoples cars since 1999"
1983 Ford Thunderbird Heritage
1984 Ford Mustang GT Turbo Convertible

Allentown PA Explosion?

Reply #9
Quote from: daminc;352572
I heard that on the news, and the first thought I had was.....What did kitz do now...

They said it's the 3rd (i think) explosion in the country like this....  we constantly have gas lines leaking on the island where i live... they push 50 lb  line pressure over here because it supplies Canada they said.... Were falling apart at the seems

Wasn't me. It was bad though. The owner was 22 yr old and was away, lost his wife, 4 month daughter and his mom. Leveled 2 homes.
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Allentown PA Explosion?

Reply #10
Quote from: Kitz Kat;352587
Wasn't me. It was bad though. The owner was 22 yr old and was away, lost his wife, 4 month daughter and his mom. Leveled 2 homes.

Oh my, that is horrible.  I cant imagine the grief that poor man is feeling.  My prayers go out to him.
Mike