Skip to main content
Topic: hunting for a part without a part # (Read 1492 times) previous topic - next topic

hunting for a part without a part #

Air charge coolant temperature sensor goes in the short side, bottom threads into intake manifold and the long side is for the heater hose. but i cannot find a replacement or what its actual name is. this one looks like it might work Ford E5TZ-18599-C - ELBOW. but this one Ford E5TZ-18599-C - ELBOW for a 3.0l ford ranger could work if i had an adapter for the bottom threads because of the thread size difference. id rather find the correct part instead of going Frankenstein on it.

Reply #1
You may want to check with the people on "Four Eyed Pride", They try to maintain these older Fox body cars in their original stock condition.
The only diagram I can find  of a CFI 5.0L V8 shows the coolant temperature sensor screwed directly into the manifold.
If I had to give it a name, I would call it a "coolant temperature sensor/heater hose adapter"
http://vb.foureyedpride.com/forum.php

Reply #2
If you can't find the part a brass plumbing T-fitting might work in its place.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #3
Have you checked RockAuto.com? Their descriptions are pretty good.
x2 on talking to people on FEP.

There's also an FEP Facebook group if you're on FB to begin with. Would save a step having to register for another discussion board.

It's funny the group started out with people showing off their rides and literally now it's innundated with tech questions.

Lou's idea should work too, I *think* all of this stuff if NPT.
1987 20th Anniversary Cougar, 302 "5.0" GT-40 heads (F3ZE '93 Cobra) and TMoss Ported H.O. intake, H.O. camshaft
2.5" Duals, no cats, Flowmaster 40s, Richmond 3.73s w/ Trac-Lok, maxed out Baumann shift kit, 3000 RPM Dirty Dog non-lock TC
Aside from the Mustang crinkle headers, still looks like it's only 150 HP...
1988 Black XR7 Trick Flow top end, Tremec 3550
1988 Black XR7 Procharger P600B intercooled, Edelbrock Performer non-RPM heads, GT40 intake AOD, 13 PSI @5000 RPM. 93 octane

Reply #4
It should all be NPT. You should be able to recreate it with a T-fitting and adapters if necessary.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #5
Yep I can confirm universal fittings will do the trick, I know because I had to do it years ago :P
--Steve
[thread=28690]1988 Cougar V6[/thread]
2012 F-150 3.7L
2011 Mustang 3.7L

Reply #6
those fuel injectors better  well be blue!!!!!!!!!!!!! and i mean deep dark blue.

they sure as hell look green to me and that is for a 3.8L v6.

the 3.8L CFI's and 5.0L cfi's of that era where nearly 100% interchangeable ,,,,

just sayin,, maybe you have a 3.8L CFI?? or wrong injectors or  the pic is just making them appear green.

Reply #7
reason i posted is cause somethin's happening to the CFI,, thats not the original fuel pressure regulator.,, so someones been in there.
you gotta be really bad off to have the FPR on these CFI's break.  they dont break EVER and if they do its due to the car sitting or something.

Reply #8
http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthread.php?169293-Name-that-part-!-!-!-!

Pic of what one member on the Ranger Station made with parts but the topic was not about the fitting so no part numbers:

X

Sounds like a trip the salvage yard to locate an F150 or order this part and have it drilled and tapped:

https://www.foxresto.com/1983-85-Mustang-Heater-Hose-Coolant-Fitting-p/4983001.htm

83 351W TKO'd T-Bird on the bottle

93 331 Mustang Coupe - 368 rwhp