Skip to main content
Topic: 88 TC T-bird on Bring a Trailer "16k miles"..... (Read 1213 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 88 TC T-bird on Bring a Trailer "16k miles".....

Reply #1
I saw that on FB also.  Those seats look hammered.  Will it bring 9k$?
Mike

Reply #2
I dunno, lots fishy about it, to me.  Front left corner lamp, seats, dash, horn button.  In one of the hood photos, looks like it was re-sprayed at some point.  I'm not a 'bird guy, so not sure where this one will end.  It's already past what I would have paid, though.

The blue one that ended yesterday with 37k miles was stellar in comparison.

Reply #3
Yes, the left front turn signal is wonky, horn button has a broken tab, dash is cracked (both common problems), seats are faded but the car is 32 years old. It must of seen a lot of sun exposure.
When I bought my 88 back in 2001, the dash was cracked and the seats were faded. Extensive junkyard searches yielded a crack free dash which is very hard to find, I bet 90-95% of the cars I looked at had a cracked dash, regardless of color especially if the car had been there any length of time because face it, it’s sitting in the sun every day. Finally found a red one that was pristine and have always used a windshield shade to protect it if the car was outside. My car is a sunny day only ride and lives in a garage when not being driven. I located some seats from a car that saw a lot of garage time. I had to replace my horn button as well somewhere down the line.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1988 T/C body with a 5.0 transplant. Motor has a Vortech V-2 supercharger, Edlebrock Performer RPM II intake, heads, FRPP F-303 cam, Comp Cams roller rockers, Power Pipe, LMAF, full Mac exhaust, lowered, Koni's, 5 lug conversion, Cobra wheels, 13" Cobra brakes, etc.
SOLD September 2020. Will miss this car after 19 years of building/driving/showing it off. Time for a new chapter in my life.
Dynoed 446 horse/409 torque at the wheels.
2003 Tenth Anniversary Cobra Convertible. 1 of 369 Torch Red made.
2021 Chevrolet 3500 dually, crew cab Duramax.