Skip to main content
Topic: Need some help..... (Read 1435 times) previous topic - next topic

Need some help.....

Can someone tell me what was supposed to go through these holes in the firewall? 85 turbo coupe. Been working on the dash and wiring and can’t seem to find anything to go through them, I think I maybe forgot to weld them closed.

Re: Need some help.....

Reply #1
On my '85 XR-7, the one on the left had a plug in it and the one on the right is a vacuum line for the HVAC blend door actuator (I think).
1985 Mercury Cougar XR-7 - 5-speed 
One of 1,246 built

Reply #2
On my '85 XR-7, the one on the left had a plug in it and the one on the right is a vacuum line for the HVAC blend door actuator (I think).
Thank you very much. I will have to buy some body plugs for those holes I guess. I sort of recall a vacuum dump switch on the brake pedal and was thinking maybe that was one of the holes, I think all the hvac stuff gets its vacuum from over by where the heater core comes through. Regardless I can plug both holes and not worry that a chassis electrical harness is missing.

Reply #3
I realize this is way late but just to confirm the vacuum dump switch on the break pedal was to cancel the cruise control when the brakes were applied if memory serves me correct and yes the HVAC vacuum is brought in over by the heater core comes through.

83 351W TKO'd T-Bird on the bottle

93 331 Mustang Coupe - 368 rwhp