Skip to main content
Topic: dash swap, sn 95 into bird (Read 1248 times) previous topic - next topic

dash swap, sn 95 into bird

anyone done a dash swap?

Re: dash swap, sn 95 into bird

Reply #1
Yes, its pretty much identicle to the a fox mustang swap except you don't have to trim off the door handles. Ours are further back and do not interfere. The mn-12 cars use the same style steering wheel and column cover. The steering shaft a column is different. You have to trim a bit around the windshield.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Reply #2
so an MN12 dash will also go in?, The fairmont column looks like a direct bolt in, and if i understand you corectly the fox or sn 95 dash is a almost a bolt in too?

Reply #3
I was saying the column trim covers for an mn12. The mn-12 is completely different. All fox parts are built on the same structure so most parts interchange
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Reply #4
got it, thank you very much for the info, very helpfull ;)  :smile: