Skip to main content
Topic: No Prep Shutdown Showdown at wild horse pass (Read 2090 times) previous topic - next topic

No Prep Shutdown Showdown at wild horse pass

https://youtu.be/7X6FuVP1LuI

Did my first no prep race, I knew the mustang I was racing was fast so I guessed on the light and ended up leaving too soon. Ran 12 psi with a 50 shot didn't have any spinning could have put much more to the wheels, but oh well maybe next time. It was still fun only got the one run though, was going to do a couple test and tune passes since I got kicked out in the first round but we got rained out.

Reply #1
I have been helping a friend with an Early Fox Body Mustang at a local airport for a few No Prep Events. It's different, and his combo is a G-force Stick with a Windsor on Nitrous. We have done pretty well.
1988 LX, 306 with GT40P heads, Downs Upper Intake on Truck Lower, Powerdyne Supercharger and T5 swap.  Scavenger Hunt Build at it's best.

Reply #2
I need to do some serious spending to get my car up to the level of the cars that were there. I was not expecting that big of a turn out but I guess a 20k payout brings everyone out. I can tell you I was the only one competing that drove their car to the track and didn't trailer it.

Reply #3
Quote from: Matt Jewell;468503
I have been helping a friend with an Early Fox Body Mustang at a local airport for a few No Prep Events. It's different, and his combo is a G-force Stick with a Windsor on Nitrous. We have done pretty well.

What events are you speaking of? I'm relatively local to you, depending if you're on the 97 or 140 side of Westminister
It's Gumby's fault.

Reply #4
Berkley Springs Airport races. I believe he is going to partite in the Hurricane Tours events in VA. this year as well.
1988 LX, 306 with GT40P heads, Downs Upper Intake on Truck Lower, Powerdyne Supercharger and T5 swap.  Scavenger Hunt Build at it's best.

Reply #5
Are you still in Westminster? Or did you mean local to your friend?
1988 Thunderbird sport
2004 Ford F150 Lariat
2008  Chevrolet Cobalt Sport
2007 Suzuki DR-Z400S dual sport/Supermoto
1988 Thunderbird LX - sold
1988 Mercury Cougar XR-7 with GST kit - gone

Reply #6
I am still in Westminster. Berkley springs isn't that far, we used to drive to Atco a couple times a year to race, close to 4 hours each way.

Reply #7
If you are from the area, I am speaking of Brian Leaf. He has his car down at the Baltimore show this weekend, on display with other cars in the Hurricane Racing Tour No Prep booth. Black Early Fox Body.

Reply #8
I know of Brian Leaf. That's a name I haven't heard in a little while.

One of my best friends is a close relative of the Hurricane Racing crew. He was there at the show helping set up.

Small  world.
It's Gumby's fault.