Skip to main content
Topic: Paint for dark gray bumper, belt molding and B-pillar (Read 28609 times) previous topic - next topic

Paint for dark gray bumper, belt molding and B-pillar

Reply #30
I thought that the answer was right there in the the post I made. Maybe the information I listed wasn't very clear. It says right on the page that BLACKOUT Gray Ford # 5889- Dupont code C8436 is used on cougar and thunderbird  in fascia body moldings and window areas. If needed I could get more but the trim and window info that I looked at was the same for years I could find paper work for.
84 Turbo coupe 2.3T Modded with 88 upper and lower intake, 88 injectors, E6 manifold, T3-4 AR.60 turbo, 31X12X3 FMIC, Homemade MBC , Greddy knock off BPV.
4 eyes see better than 2! 
Da Bird!

FreeBird

Reply #31
my recent / first attempt experiences with bumper paint..............
http://www.foxtbirdcougarforums.com/showthread.php?p=276424&posted=1#post276424

after knowing how well the use of this produce held up for nearly two years, i decided to experiement.

Reply #32
This is the paint I used on my bumper-it was an exact match for me. I bought it at the local Advance Auto parts.  Dave

Reply #33
Quote from: Dave D;296757
This is the paint I used on my bumper-it was an exact match for me. I bought it at the local Advance Auto parts.  Dave

Yeah, I tried that exact one as well...still have the can in the basp00get.  It wasn't close enough for me so I kept looking for a closer match.
"lol.. because not too many people care for that style of car"
[size=-2]Click on paw print \/[/size]

Reply #34
wow! NOS stuff. Sorry been reading the post and its answered my questions. Ive been updating pix and progress on my 86 Tbird repaint project under The Bondobird. My pillars looked flat black on it. The car will be painted like a 90 35th Ann edition Bird and I was trying to figure out what the paint the headlight buckets, grill and aluminum trim. ??