Skip to main content
Topic: H4 Headlamp Conversion Kit 83-86 FS (Read 898 times) previous topic - next topic

H4 Headlamp Conversion Kit 83-86 FS

I'm selling an H4 conversion kit for 1983-86 (4-eye) cars. Complete with 4 housings, 4 95W bulbs (plus extras), and wiring harness with relays. These will require slight modification to the headlamp back housings (just enlarging the center hole a bit, nothing major). The harness supersedes the stock headlight connectors, so they won't need any modification. Just plug the driver's side low/high beam harness into this one, connect both grounds to the stock locations, connect directly to the battery, and you're good to go--no wiring needs repinned! Relays isolate both sides for super reliability.

Everything is in great shape...this came off the convertible as I'm going a different route on that car, and all wiring was protected from the elements. There is a big difference between the stock halogen sealed beams and the H4 lamps. Plus changing out bulbs is a nice touch and really easy.

$100 + shipping. Located in NE Ohio.

Reply #1
I've been thinking about upgrading the headlights on the '83. Any pics of the set-up? I vaguely remember seeing it, but it's been a while.
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo

Reply #2
I totally forgot to take photos of it in the car...it's removed now. But I can get pix of all the parts. That work?

Reply #3
Sure.

Reply #4
Eric,

Was it this setup?

X
1985 Mercury Cougar XR-7 - 5-speed 
One of 1,246 built

Reply #6
Yeah, thanks for the pic. I was also asking for pics, just to see what would all be included.

The '83 needs an upgrade. Still running stock system and wiring. Can't run the high-beams w/o the switch acting up.

Reply #8
Hit me up with total and payment details (46219 zip), pls. :)