Skip to main content

Poll

rear seat yes or no

Total Members Voted: 17

Topic: Tbird discussion point...... (Read 1483 times) previous topic - next topic

Tbird discussion point......

:hick:Been working a lot on the interior, and before I get to the seats I have a question.  Rear seat yes or no rear seat?  Thanks.
95 Ranger Splash 2.3
88 Tbird Sport :ies::ies:
5.0 SO, stainless shorty headers, w/ Magnaflow lers. KYB struts, KYB shocks. 5lug conversion from sn95 Mustang, subframe connectors, drilled and slotted rotors, 03 Mach 1 wheels. sequential taillights.140 speedo

Reply #1
Should you keep the rear seat?

My vote is yes! Even if it almost seems useless at times, I like knowing it is there just in case someone needs a ride.
...and there was light!

Reply #2
I agree with T-birdx3, keep it. With the Mustangs, you can get away with it since it's a small car to begin with. And having no back seat will actually give you a lot more cargo space, since it's a hatch back. In our cars, however, I think it would just be awkward. Unless it's a full out race car, keep 'em.
2002 Honda Civic EX

1984 Ford Thunderbird Elan
5.0 CFI, T5, Dual Exhaust

Reply #3
haha... I have the sole "no"
If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't f**k with 'em

Reply #4
Keep 'em coming guys. Thanks.
95 Ranger Splash 2.3
5.0 SO, stainless shorty headers, w/ Magnaflow lers. KYB struts, KYB shocks. 5lug conversion from sn95 Mustang, subframe connectors, drilled and slotted rotors, 03 Mach 1 wheels. sequential taillights.140 speedo

Reply #5
I have to say unless you're planning for an all out frag car keep it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #6
Nah not a drag car, just a nice cruiser.
95 Ranger Splash 2.3

Reply #7
Then if it's a cruiser keep the seats what if you want more than 1 other person to cruise with you.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #8
what would you put back there if you didnt keep it?  I vote Yes, there is no point in removing it.

Reply #9
Quote from: dragon574444;397001
Unless it's a full out race car, keep 'em.

Agreed.
1988 T-Bird Sport Coupe--5.0 HO, MAF swap, 1-5/8" shorties, BBK/Flowmaster exhaust, Explorer intake, 70mm Edelbrock TB, T5, B&M short throw, Centerforce clutch and PP, disc brake TC rear w/ 3.55's, TC front brakes, '98 Cobra springs, DIY SFC's, other misc .  14.05 @ 98mph with launching too low and shifting too high.

Reply #10
Keep.

I mean....Michigan winters get cold...what if you need the backseat to keep some gal from..errr, getting..."chilly" some wintry night? lol ;)
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Reply #11
Back seat +1.....  It looks unfinished without a backseat....and the design of the car is compromised in my opinion as well.

1983 FORD THUNDERBIRD HERITAGE 5.0
2008 SAAB 9-7X AERO 6.0 (LS2) 1 0f 554 Made
2011 FORD FLEX SEL Family Hauler

Reply #12
Thunderbirds and Cougars were built to be cruisers, large enough to comfortably seat 4.  If someone wants what is essentially a two seater that can comfortably seat 2 adults, 1 child, one small dog and a 15lb. sack of dog food, get a Mustang.    :mullet:

Reply #13
Quote from: ThunderbirdSport302;397012
Keep.

I mean....Michigan winters get cold...what if you need the backseat to keep some gal from..errr, getting..."chilly" some wintry night? lol ;)

About the only kind of shag the back seat of the Fox Cougars & T-Bird are good for is midget shag :-(
If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't f**k with 'em

Reply #14
Quote from: Scott D;397027
About the only kind of shag the back seat of the Fox Cougars & T-Bird are good for is midget shag :-(

I've reclined the front seats before for such "activities".....lol.

Quote from: ThunderbirdSport302;397012
Keep.

LMAO!!!!!  good point !!
95 Ranger Splash 2.3