Skip to main content
Topic: Amsoil (Read 1077 times) previous topic - next topic

Amsoil

Hey guys, first time posting in the vendors section but decided Ill offer to you guys too. I am a vendor over on NATO. I sell Amsoil synthetic oils, That includes Motor oils, transmission fluid, gear oils, brake fluid, coolant, oil filters, oil filter relocator kits, Performance reusable air filters, Wix filters, donaldson filters, mothers products, briteside appearance products, basicly whatever you need for your lawn mower all the way to a semi. You can check out my site at http://www.NotNormalMotorsports.com to browse the catalog or many other pages. On there you will find my current oil samples from oil tests ive done in my dakota along with other research ive collected. If you have any other questions feel free to contact me. Thanks.
2 88 TC's (1 is the 2.3t race car, other v8 maybe?)
06 dodge dakota 4.7 v8
79 chevy k-10, built 350/turbo 350
Diverse ain't I?
AMSOIL Dealer

Amsoil

Reply #1
Also, got a new product coming out on the 1st that anyone with a newer diesel truck might like  :burnout:
06 dodge dakota 4.7 v8
Diverse ain't I?
AMSOIL Dealer

Amsoil

Reply #2
gimiks.

i never understood why someone would use a high dollar syntheic oil in thier engine knowing full well that high dollar oil is contaminated by carbons from gasoline just a few hundered miles later.

I hear people saying "its good for  thousands of miles"  I say, keep thinking stupid and you'll be one of the many people who wonder why engines wear out so quick.

Amsoil

Reply #3
Ive tested my oil on out to 8,000 miles in my truck and it was still good when I changed it. its no gimmick. I have papers of a mack that went 409,000 miles on the same oil just changing filters and mack took it apart to inspect it and said everything was ok and put the same parts back in. Synthetic oils reduce wear on motors and reduce friction increasing fuel mileage.
06 dodge dakota 4.7 v8
Diverse ain't I?
AMSOIL Dealer

Amsoil

Reply #4
i have to tone it down a bit cause i think i was kind of harsh.  I just need more education on the topic cause i have also tried expensive oils and see no difference in discoloration even on a fresh rebuild.

Same goes for "injector cleaners"

I drive too much i guess to benefit.  I picked up my 20th last oct with a cluster reading of 171k on it which wasnt correct but thats what it was..
Now it reads 19x.xxx on it so ive been doing a few oil changes since.  I pretty much do oil once a month need it or not.
tranny is once a year need it or not.

Amsoil

Reply #5
When you switch over to synthetics from regular oil the first few changes will be cleaning your engine, so you will see it getting colored like regular oil. That dont mean that its worn out. Matter of fact I just changed the oil in a hemi yesterday that had went a long time on regular castrol (so far the oil cane out in globs) This change is the second change ive done since then. I took an oil sample and sent it out to have it buttstuffyzed to see if she did any damage to the engine. The oil I tested was Amsoil I put in after cleaning the globs out and it was black after 3,000 but the oil buttstuffysis will show if it was still good or not. I belive it will still be good. It shouldnt get as black this change since it had some time to clean it with the last oil. My dakota has 4,000 on the oil in it right now and it is just slightly discolored.

Injector cleaners have additives that break down deposits in the fuel system to make it flow better. Fuel Injectors benefit Because it cleans the tips of them and makes the spray uniform again. You usually see better fuel Mileage from this.

I drive 30,000 a year and it does help me. I like the fact that I don't have to change my oil every other week. My next change I will be switching over to the SSO so I only have to change it once a year. I will be doing oil buttstuffysis during that time to find oit how far I really can go on it.
06 dodge dakota 4.7 v8
Diverse ain't I?
AMSOIL Dealer

Amsoil

Reply #6
Also forgot to add, I wouldnt run extended intrvals on a fresh rebuild. I usually get Castrol gtx for engine break ins during the first 3,000 so it gives the engine time to let the rings seat. Plus there are lots of break in metals that are released into the oil during that time. After the 3,000 mark is when I switch my new engines over to synthetics.
06 dodge dakota 4.7 v8
Diverse ain't I?
AMSOIL Dealer

Amsoil

Reply #7
how does Amsoil compare to royal purple.  I'm using pensoil platinum in my 85 xr7 turbo 2.3

Amsoil

Reply #8
http://www.notnormalmotorsports.com/Amsoil_Research.html

In the top link called Oil Comparison are results from tests from different manufacturers. One thing to look for Is you want an oil that does good over all tests not excellent on one and bad on another.

Also on the second link is gear oils. you will notice there that Royal purple is more viscus than advertised before the tests and lower than advertised after. That is in the second gragh.

Also, today we came out with CAI for diesels as a joint venture between Injen Technology and Amsoil
06 dodge dakota 4.7 v8
Diverse ain't I?
AMSOIL Dealer