Skip to main content
Topic: Electronic controls (Read 631 times) previous topic - next topic

Electronic controls

Any of you junkyard hackers or electronic gurus know if the controllers for the headlight turn off delay are normally part of the switch, separate control unit, or ???

Also wondering about the controllers that gradually turn off interior lamps.

There must be lots of electronic goodies on some of the newer junkyard cars but without a manual it's hard to know where to look, what to take and how to make it work. (Door lock remotes, alarms, etc. ;)  )

Seems a waste to crush some of these good electronic parts.

I've played around with building some stuff for cars but I doubt components from places like Radio Shack carry are spec'ed out for auto applications.

Not too long ago I found out a PC power supply makes a good 12v source so before I toss some old PC's I'll be ripping out the supplies!
tbirdregistry.com

Electronic controls

Reply #1
Quote from: rodsterh;322915
Any of you junkyard hackers or electronic gurus know if the controllers for the headlight turn off delay are normally part of the switch, separate control unit, or ???

separate unit,located in truck on the back of the seat. This is true for most all the high end optional electronics.

Also wondering about the controllers that gradually turn off interior lamps.  controls for lamps are,,
one behind the mirror for auto dim feature.
one in the square knockout on the center top of dash to cut lamps auto on at night.

The delay lamp module is behind the back seat,, i think.

Memory seats (his / hers settings) module is under the driver seat.

There must be lots of electronic goodies on some of the newer junkyard cars but without a manual it's hard to know where to look, what to take and how to make it work. (Door lock remotes, alarms, etc. ;)  )

Seems a waste to crush some of these good electronic parts.

I've played around with building some stuff for cars but I doubt components from places like Radio Shack carry are spec'ed out for auto applications.

Not too long ago I found out a PC power supply makes a good 12v source so before I toss some old PC's I'll be ripping out the supplies!

dig into electrical tech where you see I have posted the link to the evtm.

the answers to your questions are above in bold.