Skip to main content
Topic: Center console trim gray, what is the paint code? (Read 10015 times) previous topic - next topic

Center console trim gray, what is the paint code?

Reply #30
That's why this community works—nothing but good input from everyone to arrive at the solution. Kudos to all.

So for those tuning in late:

1985-88 interior panels are Raven in color (non-Sand Beige interiors).

Mix codes:
PPG - 9520
DuPont - D8501

If we get other aftermarket solutions we'll post that info here. I'mma make this thread sticky also.

Reply #31
I'm going to pick up the paint tomorrow and I'll try and spray it in the next week or so. That way we'll have double confirmation.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #32
Quote from: EricCoolCats;461771
That's why this community works—nothing but good input from everyone to arrive at the solution. Kudos to all.

So for those tuning in late:

1985-88 interior panels are Raven in color (non-Sand Beige interiors).

Mix codes:
PPG - 9520
DuPont - D8501

If we get other aftermarket solutions we'll post that info here. I'mma make this thread sticky also.

GREAT to know and thank you all for your diligence in finding the correct solution!!
1986 Mercury Cougar XR-7 Turbo-charged 5-speed.
Owned 22 years.

Re: Center console trim gray, what is the paint code?

Reply #33
Has there been any luck with finding a matching color from off-the-shelf paints?

Finding a paint shop willing to help and that will fit my schedule is not proving to be easy.
It's Gumby's fault.

Reply #34
Has there been any luck with finding a matching color from off-the-shelf paints?

Finding a paint shop willing to help and that will fit my schedule is not proving to be easy.

I haven't found one yet.

But yeah most paint shops here are M-F 9-5. Not really convenient for me either, as I work during those hours. Unfortunately they are the only option so far.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #35
Guy over at the NATO board (vegas_ss) used LMR spray paint in black for a Fox Mustang (code FV7) and says it matches perfectly.

Thread:
https://turbotbird.com/thread-raven-interior-paint?pid=261814#pid261814

Looks pretty close. I think it's worth trying if someone wants to verify.