Skip to main content
Topic: Win 7 keeps going back to log-in screen. EDIT: Solved. (Read 1572 times) previous topic - next topic

Win 7 keeps going back to log-in screen. EDIT: Solved.

I just started having this issue last night on the desktop, it's an HP, Win 7, fairly new, everything updated to current, Norton a/v, no infections, spam, trojans, etc.

I started in safe mode and ran the System File Checker scan and it "did not find any integrity violations."

I don't have it set to require a password on resuming from standby, don't have a screen saver active, have the setting to shut off monitor and had drive set to never, etc...am stumped why it does this. I googled, and the only relevant thing I found was the SFC scan, which, as stated above, was inconclusive.

I'll sit here and watch it, and see if it will do it again, and how many minutes elapse, and post back.

Thanks for any help :D
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Reply #1
I figured it out. An update apparently enables the screensaver and made it default to resume to logon screen. Ugh.
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Reply #2
That has happened to me on different updates. I used to blindly accept updates till things like screen saver timeouts . Now I at least browse what changes they want to do.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]:ford:87 Turbo Coupe through the floor sub frame connectors, 5.8 swap Ford racing heads Harland sharp 1.6 rockers BBK shorty swap headers 2 1/2 BBk X pipe magnaflow ler's. Megasquirt 2 with 36lbs injectors on hurricane intake with 4150 throttle body.Tremec TKO 600 Quicktime blowsheild spec stage 3 clutch. 3.73 gears and still not done

Reply #3
Yeh, *most* times I check and get the gist of what's updating, but the last time, I was in a hurry, and didn't. Oh well, at least I figured it out :)
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'06 Explorer EB 4.6