Skip to main content
Topic: Finished the 5 Lug! But.... (Read 6704 times) previous topic - next topic

Finished the 5 Lug! But....

Reply #30
, Bevis!  That right thar is a sping compressor.  If I had conventional coils I would have to have one of those.  Where does a person get one for those that would be interested?

Darren

83 351W TKO'd T-Bird on the bottle

93 331 Mustang Coupe - 368 rwhp

Reply #32
Now there's a tool I wish I knew existed!  Takes the struggle right out of it. 

Thanks for the "clue".

Mark

Reply #33
Lol, now that is a nice compressor. I went over to Autozone last night and picked up the internal spring compressor. It sure worked a lot better, although it was just a tad tricky to get out once done.
 Thanks for the help guys, I guess I just couldn't think clearly enough to remember they had other styles available.

So, the DS is installed, not totally torqued down yet, but in.
1983 Tbird with '03 Split Port V6 motor swap done! Headers, dual exhaust, 500CFM Edelbrock, 3G upgrade, Electric fan. 3.73 Gears and an FRPP Limited Slip. Five lug complete! 5-Speed conversion complete! Standalone Fuel Injection in progress...

Reply #34
Glad you got it installed safely.
Yes, that is a great compressor.... I borrowed it from Kitz. One day He'll get it back. lol
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #35
Yep, got the Pass. Side installed tonight, have to order new brake hoses and the adapter for the Drivers side, then bleed brakes and mount wheels for alignment adjustments. I should be able to at least pull out of the driveway tomorrow afternoon.
1983 Tbird with '03 Split Port V6 motor swap done! Headers, dual exhaust, 500CFM Edelbrock, 3G upgrade, Electric fan. 3.73 Gears and an FRPP Limited Slip. Five lug complete! 5-Speed conversion complete! Standalone Fuel Injection in progress...

Reply #36
Good deal.
Pics or it didn't happen! ;):D
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Reply #37
Lol, just got done moving, so I'm not quite back online fully, but I did actually take pics this time, so I will be posting those when I get the chance. Looks like the Stang A-arms are pushing the rims out too far to keep in line with the rear rims, Would need spacers on the rear axle to look good. So I may have to change the a-arms out. Again. Oh well, It was worth a shot, so I guess I'll try and take some measurements before I unbolt it all.

Reply #38
Quote from: jrad235;316801
Lol, just got done moving, so I'm not quite back online fully, but I did actually take pics this time, so I will be posting those when I get the chance. Looks like the Stang A-arms are pushing the rims out too far to keep in line with the rear rims, Would need spacers on the rear axle to look good. So I may have to change the a-arms out. Again. Oh well, It was worth a shot, so I guess I'll try and take some measurements before I unbolt it all.

Takes some pictures of how far the a-arms move the wheels out please.
~Project ThunderStorm = '84 Charcoal Thunderbird - First Car - Long Time Work in Progress~
~Project (No Name Yet) = 1970 Plymouth GTX/RR "Clone"~

Reply #39
Put a lincoln rear in it instead? lol
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #40
You mentioned that the Stang A-arms are too long, would this be the SN-95 control arms?  I reread the thread and I am pretty sure you were going to try the SN-95's but I just wanted to keep it straight in my head.

Darren

Reply #41
Yes, he was going to try and use SN-95 A-Arms.
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo

Reply #42
Chuck,
Thanks for the clarification.

jrad235,
Keep us posted on what if any changes you make and where are those pics??  Hope your move went smooth.  I moved coming up on two years ago and the only good thing I can say is I found a lot of junk that I had been "missing".

Darren

Reply #43
Yep, Chuck is correct, I used the sn95 LCA's. The move went fine, just exhausting to try and move in one day. 8:30AM to Midnight was about when I crawled into bed Wed/Thurs and another long day on Thurs(5:30am to 1am). I still have a lot of stuff to set up, so pictures may be a few days out. Actually, I like the wide stance of the front, but not sure if I want to make wheel spacers for the back, also not sure about the tie rod engagement... Anyway, I'll do some more work to it tomorrow, so we'll see. I'll be sure to take lots of pictures.

Daminc: I just got done swapping the rear! Way too much work to do again so soon. Of course, I do have to double check some bushing sizes....and install brake cables....But I did add the new caliper brackets w/ slide pins, and greased it all up so hopefully I can cruise without the  annoying repetitive squeak from the rear brakes.

Reply #44
Ugh, I hate waiting for shop time. I can't wait till I have my own garage! Anyway, I'm almost done cleaning and coating the old LCA's, and I have to get new balljoints. Did you know the Ford dealer wants $118 each!!!
Napa isn't much better at $80 each for premium.(SN95 Balljoints)

Hopefully This weekend will be go time, and I can load it on a  trailer to get it aligned.