Skip to main content
Topic: Che feedback (Read 4699 times) previous topic - next topic

Che feedback

HI guys
well as christmas is getting close my girlfriend asked me what i want (how sweet of her) and i think i will have to go with a set of upper/lower control arms from che
i have dug up the ol thread in the sticky section and its been more or so 5 years that many members here got their set

so im asking for some feedback
what do you guys think about them
still like em after 5 years
any regrets?

i was thinking of going with adjustable lowers
but i was wondering if adjustable uppers are a must or whats their advantages over regular uppers
also, what is the difference between the poly bushing uppers and the rod ones

thank alot to everyone!

Che feedback

Reply #1
double post
'88 'bird, 10.9:1 306 w/TFS top end, forged rods/pistons, T-5 swap & bunch of other stuff, 1-family owned, had it since ‘98, 5.0tbrd88 on Instagram and YouTube

Che feedback

Reply #2
I have adjustable uppers and lowers.  Keep in mind the adjustable lowers will raise your ride height even when set to the lowest position setting.  I really like mine, they make the ride more firm, handling is better, and losing traction is not an issue at all for me now (of course I'm not throwing down that much HP anyway).  They do have more 'pops' and other noises than the stock control arms but that comes with the territory.

I got the adjustable uppers to be able change my pinion angle (mine was off due to being lowered so much).  Unless you plan on needing to do that, I don't really see the reason to buy them.

I have had mine on for probably 5-6 years and they still look very good.  The powdercoat holds up great and I think the decals are even still on them.  One thing I would highly recommend for the adjustable lowers would be to lube the threads occasionally on the adjustable part.  I never had and this summer when I attempted to adjust my ride height a little I found that things had rusted up some. 

One other thing, if you think you will get them by christmas you're thinking rather optimistically.  If I remember correctly, it took them awhile to get mine sent out to me.  It is worth the wait though, they are a good upgrade.
'88 'bird, 10.9:1 306 w/TFS top end, forged rods/pistons, T-5 swap & bunch of other stuff, 1-family owned, had it since ‘98, 5.0tbrd88 on Instagram and YouTube

Che feedback

Reply #3
50 thanx for the reply

i was thinking of getting the adjustable lowers just in case
like if using the bullit springs or any other mustang spring that would make the rear sag
did you already take your steeda springs off?
the ride heigh of your car looks great even tho you said the adj lowers will raise the rear even set to the lowest
by the way ho much does it raises the rear when set to the lowest position?

Che feedback

Reply #4
any other?

Che feedback

Reply #5
I have CHE control arms (non-adjustable),and they have been great.No issues at all,stopped my wheel hop,well worth it.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Che feedback

Reply #6
Mine are holding up, I hardly put many miles on them though.
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Che feedback

Reply #7
I've got a set, best thing you can for the rear suspension, IMO.
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Che feedback

Reply #8
No complaints here
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Che feedback

Reply #9
Quote from: 1986Élan;344202
50 thanx for the reply

i was thinking of getting the adjustable lowers just in case
like if using the bullit springs or any other mustang spring that would make the rear sag
did you already take your steeda springs off?
the ride heigh of your car looks great even tho you said the adj lowers will raise the rear even set to the lowest
by the way ho much does it raises the rear when set to the lowest position?

I meant that they help with traction...not that you lose it.

Yes the reason I got the adjustables was because it sagged with the steeda springs.

I think it raises the car like 1/2" or something at the lowest position???

Che feedback

Reply #10
I have the upper and lowers adjustables along with mach springs and strange 10way adjustables the lowers are cranked up almost as far as they will go and I am hitting the fender wells with my tires when I go threw a dip. I really do like both the uppers and lowers I just need to either run a smaller rear tire or have my fender lips rolled.
87 TC
HO Swap, T5 Swap, Mach Springs, CHE Upper and Lower control arms, Mach Chin spoiler, soon to be Procharged.

:evilgrin: Nitrous is like a hot chick with an STD you want to hit it but are scared of the consequences. :evilgrin:

Che feedback

Reply #11
Quote from: bigbada1;344347
I have the upper and lowers adjustables along with mach springs and strange 10way adjustables the lowers are cranked up almost as far as they will go and I am hitting the fender wells with my tires when I go threw a dip. I really do like both the uppers and lowers I just need to either run a smaller rear tire or have my fender lips rolled.

What size tire are you running?
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Che feedback

Reply #12
235/50/r17
87 TC
HO Swap, T5 Swap, Mach Springs, CHE Upper and Lower control arms, Mach Chin spoiler, soon to be Procharged.

:evilgrin: Nitrous is like a hot chick with an STD you want to hit it but are scared of the consequences. :evilgrin:

Che feedback

Reply #13
Should they not be rubbing with that tire/suspension combo???
87 TC

Che feedback

Reply #14
I'm running 245/50/17 with no rubbing at all. I don't have a lot of adjustment left either.