Skip to main content
Topic: I have an idea.... (Read 3061 times) previous topic - next topic

I have an idea....

Reply #15
Quote from: Innes;104826
Personally not a fan, I like spoilers but not big ones unless they have a reason example racing. Though most don’t agree with my taste. I’m actually looking for a spoiler that is just a simple slant off the trunk ( / ). I have seen it on an 85-86 turbo coupe so not sure if it will fit on my 88 even if I could find one. Also the SS Montes cam with them. It’s Nascar looking

Ducktail spoilers. that is what has been on my mind latly after i got reed of the cobra spolier idea
1986 Cougar LS

Another idea...

Reply #16
I had another idea. I been considering a TC hood for the cat, but it seems a LOT of people are doing that. Second, if I'm gonna put scoops on the hood I'd rather they wer functional, but I see no practaical way to do that with a 5.0HO.

My idea? Well I have this large opening in my airdam and right now I'm considering partioning it into three sections, a 2" section on each side to run brake cooling ducts, and the rest funneled into a 4" hose up to the intake box. Simple but effective forced air system and the hood keeps its low profile. Yes, I'll need some sort of screen to keep rocks out of the air filter, but that's an easy fix.

I have an idea....

Reply #17
personally I really like Victors wing (hell I love that whole car).  Always have, I dont like the ricer wings, but I have seen some that do look nice.  Go with your own tastes and dont worry about what others think, hell if we all did that all these cars would still be bone stock, (atleast in the looks department.)
I think the roush wing would look good on your cat Mayham.