Skip to main content
Topic: Pair of 1986 T-Bird & Cougar parts cars  (Read 984 times) previous topic - next topic

Pair of 1986 T-Bird & Cougar parts cars

Hey all.... I have both an 86 T-Bird  and 86 Cougar I'm parting out here in Claremore, OK.

The T-BIRD: was a 5.0/AOD car but the motor is gone, along with most of the interior. It was darker red with red interior. Important pieces like the header panel/grill and tail lights are either busted up or not worth pulling. This car sat a long time behind a barn and most of the wiring is shot along with the paint....ironically the body overall is actually in very good shape rust wise.

The COUGAR: same 1986 5.0/AOD car, drivetrain is complete, have rolled engine over by hand, thats I've done with it as, much like the T-Bird, the wiring is chewed up and not brave enough to but a battery in it. This ones blue on blue cloth and most of the interior is there but the drivers window was down for several years so the interior is pretty rough. Overall the body is decent but it had something dent the passenger side up high (about the middle of the window height).

Either car would be good for sheet metal replacement and/or build into a race car and I'd prefer to sell them as complete (or as complete as they are) and neither has a title but can provide a Bill of Sale.

If interested, I can email/text pics as requested (the Bird is at my house, the Cougar is parked at a buddies place a half hour away, can get pics within a couple days)

I'd sell either car cheap: $250 for the Bird and $375 for the Cougar

Would like to see both of these go to good use before I need to haul them off.

My toys:
Two 84 Turbo Coupes-twins
Two 86 Mercury Capri's-one's stock, one's NOT
93 Mustang LX 5.0-3,980 miles, 100% factory
55 Ford Customline-I6 powerhouse, waiting on a plan
95 F350 Dually-KILLER, don't ask why
94 Bronco XLT-going to be a lowered 2 wheel drive

Re: Pair of 1986 T-Bird & Cougar parts cars

Reply #1
Wow...posted for over a week and not a single interest in either?
My toys:
Two 84 Turbo Coupes-twins
Two 86 Mercury Capri's-one's stock, one's NOT
93 Mustang LX 5.0-3,980 miles, 100% factory
55 Ford Customline-I6 powerhouse, waiting on a plan
95 F350 Dually-KILLER, don't ask why
94 Bronco XLT-going to be a lowered 2 wheel drive

Re: Pair of 1986 T-Bird & Cougar parts cars

Reply #2
Not a lot of traffic on here.  Have you tried the FB site?  Also look at NATO (https://turbotbird.com/) and possibly www.foureyedpride.com as there are a couple TBird and Cougar lurkers there.

83 351W TKO'd T-Bird on the bottle

93 331 Mustang Coupe - 368 rwhp