Skip to main content
Topic: Got my engine build done finally (Read 1183 times) previous topic - next topic

Got my engine build done finally

It’s been a long time coming (like 20 years of dreaming), but I just completed an engine rebuild on my 5.0.  It’s the original block with .30 over Wiseco forged pistons, forged rods, stock crank, and Trickflow 11R 170cc heads.  It also has a Trickflow street burner intake, MAF conversion, and TFS stage 1 cam.  Should really add some fun to how it drives.  It was a fun build, but very drawn out due to all the parts availability issues these days.  The machine shop guy couldn’t believe how little wear/clean my 200k mile short block was.  If it didn’t start eating it’s cam bearings, it might still be trucking along, lol.  Ford powa!

I’ve made a couple of really amateur YouTube videos of how it came along if you want to check it out.

https://youtu.be/w_8ThGMPmTI

https://youtu.be/ovtSWvmT9lI

It’s been forever since I’ve posted.  I always loved this forum and the wealth of knowledge!  I think I joined in 2004 or 2003?  Good times!
'88 'bird, 10.9:1 306 w/TFS top end, forged rods/pistons, T-5 swap & bunch of other stuff, 1-family owned, had it since ‘98, 5.0tbrd88 on Instagram and YouTube

Re: Got my engine build done finally

Reply #1
Awesome! Thanks for sharing. You’re supposed to edit out the stuff that goes wrong.  :grinno:

Reply #2
Looks really good man!  That is going to be a good little combo for sure.

ARP sells the water pump/timing cover bolts if you ever want to replace the stock ones.  Also, you can use studs on the lower intake to the heads and it works alot better than bolts.  Believe I got them from OReillys and they are 5/16 coarse thread on one end and 5/16 fine thread on the other.  I also used case hardened steel washers on the intake as recommended by my engine builder. I also used stainless steel hex socket studs with stainless washers and nuts for the valve covers.

83 351W TKO'd T-Bird on the bottle

93 331 Mustang Coupe - 368 rwhp

Reply #3
Awesome! Thanks for sharing. You’re supposed to edit out the stuff that goes wrong.  :grinno:
:grinno: after seeing the distraught look on my face, I had to include it!
'88 'bird, 10.9:1 306 w/TFS top end, forged rods/pistons, T-5 swap & bunch of other stuff, 1-family owned, had it since ‘98, 5.0tbrd88 on Instagram and YouTube

Reply #4
Looks really good man!  That is going to be a good little combo for sure.

ARP sells the water pump/timing cover bolts if you ever want to replace the stock ones.  Also, you can use studs on the lower intake to the heads and it works alot better than bolts.  Believe I got them from OReillys and they are 5/16 coarse thread on one end and 5/16 fine thread on the other.  I also used case hardened steel washers on the intake as recommended by my engine builder. I also used stainless steel hex socket studs with stainless washers and nuts for the valve covers.
Thank you sir. :like: