Skip to main content
Topic: Kinda jonesin' for a Mark VII.. (Read 1654 times) previous topic - next topic

Kinda jonesin' for a Mark VII..

I know, I know, it's not (just) an AeroBird, but it is close enough and already has some of the stuff that I'd end up doing anyway...

Had a good lead on one, but the timing was off (me being able to go get it, the car ran fine, just needed a trans, I'd have done a T5 swap ASAP!).

So I'm still looking, I'm not above considering a car that needs an engine/trans, as I'd very soon be replacing those with some upgraded shiznit anyway, but requirements are no rust, damage, or a shiznit interior. Of course if I could find a 5.0 Tbird/Cat, these would also have consideration in the same shape.

Not asking for leads (here, anyway) but if there's one out there that you know of that isn't 693 miles (or more) from North Missouri, I'd be definitely interested. Nothing else really grabs me....tired of Mustangs, not a fan of the 4 eye Birds, though if a 5.0 in good shape came about I'd for sure weigh on it too.

I've even thought about 5.0 swapping a Ranger, but I'd rather have something that is able to haul 4 kids if I need it to, but something I can zip back and forth to work in rather than put miles and wear on my Expedition...plus...driving it 40 miles a day round trip....equates to about 150 a week in gas...and that's the shaging shiznits.

I'd just be quiet and look at a Focus or a Fusion, or something, but I like my balls in my pants and not in a purse. No offense to those here who might drive one...I actually do have a Milan (Mercury's version of a Fusion) and while it's a great car, my woman friend drives it and I ain't about to turn her loose in a lifted big-assed SUV LOL.

Anyway, I'm just rambling now, but I'm on the hunt for something. Kinda want a Mark VII as I've never had one, but it's still the same as what I know with some nice shiznit too...

Of course, if I had the $, I'd have a Focus ST. I think that would definitely show everyone a nice fat bulge right below my belt buckle.

My birthday is next week if anyone is feeling exceptionally generous...LOL.

The hunt continues....or the hontinuing cun....n/m..... :P
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Re: Kinda jonesin' for a Mark VII..

Reply #1
I think about this as well.  I always decide they are too complicated subsystems I dont want to deal with.  ABS brakes, air ride, the complicated hvac and tripminder computers etc.
Mike

Reply #2
The air ride shiznit, if bad, can be retrofitted to standard coils and struts/shocks. Indeed, I have a set of near new stuff that would probably work. The ABS stuff is a littler harder to do if it you wanted to replace it, but not impossible. Still, a PITA, but in my case, it would be more of a hassle in that instance as I work 7 days a week, so the time to repair/replace would be the commodity that's in short supply.

I've even found myself looking at Mark VIII, too, though I'm not a big fan of the MN12 chassis. Those are fairly potent cars for what they were/are, though and nowadays there's all kinds of 32v Mustang stuff that can be put into them. S/C, cams, etc.

I think I'd rather stay with a Fox based car though, plus I have this mild 5.0 and mass air stuff just begging to be stabbed into another car. That it is also been matched with a T5 (that now needs work, hmm), I'd say that would make for a fun daily, while still getting better mileage than the fat ass I drive. Here's my current daily:
Those are 33x12.50 tires on there, for reference lol

'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Reply #3
I daily a 1500hd 6.0, Im stupid.
Mike

Reply #4
I want a black on black 91 LSC like, bad. Keep the air ride, nice wheels, updated brakes, and a coyote 10r80. North of 300 hp and smooth as glass and some pretty ok-ish mileage. Maybe a Whipple or a vmp blower on it at some point. I think that would be tits.

Reply #5
I want a black on black 91 LSC like, bad. Keep the air ride, nice wheels, updated brakes, and a coyote 10r80. North of 300 hp and smooth as glass and some pretty ok-ish mileage. Maybe a Whipple or a vmp blower on it at some point. I think that would be tits.
 That'd be some tig ole bitties. I'm also looking at a Mark Viii right now....rather seriously, for that matter. Seller also has a complete 32v from a Mach 1 that goes with. Just wants a supercharger. Those are easy enough to get.

Whatever happened to stockish daily driver? LOL
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Reply #7
I'd do an old Mk VII over a Mk VIII any day.

MN-12 platform  :yuck:
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo

Reply #8
 :iagree:

I had a Mark VII for about 3 years. It was a nice car. A little heavy but comfortable. The air suspension was easy to fix as well. If I had another one I'd just replace the air suspension parts and call it good.

I also had an MN-12. Heavy car with garbage front suspension. I was never really happy with it.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.