Skip to main content
Topic: Now would be a good time to buy Ford Stock (Read 7629 times) previous topic - next topic

Now would be a good time to buy Ford Stock

http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=f

It's dropped down to $2.92 and it was $4.90 something a few days ago.

It's only going to go back up. you might want to wait a few days but it's already back to $2.99 in after hours trading.

I bought 100 shares.

Also I have stock in SIRI (Sirius/XM Radio) it's down to like 48 cents. Once they start getting the programming merged better and advertise as Sirius/XM it should be a nice $2.00

Just some suggestions.
2013 Focus (Daily)
1968 Cougar XR7
1987 Turbo Coupe
5 Speed, Stock IHI, Aeromotive 340LPH, Stinger 3in DP w/Magnaflow 3in Race Series ler, Hallman Boost Controller, Corbeau Fixed Back Racing Seats, Rebuilt 35# Injectors, Kirban AFPR, Stinger's Front Mount Piping w/Big NPR Front Mount IC, 3/8 E-85 Fuel Lines, SPEC Stage 3+ Clutch, Explorer 4.0 Dual Core Radiator, Optima Red Top Battery
1988 Turbo Coupe (RIP)
1984 Cougar (RIP) :cougarsmily:
1986 Cougar XR7 5 Speed.  (sold)

Reply #1
i dunno that can be risky.  my dad's old company crown cork and seal, a can company, the largest in the world, went down to 55 or so cents a share.  they got bought out and some other good stuff and look up ccs stocks i think is the name, is prolly at 200 a share or something close.  might be holding on to those ford shares for a whiiiillle.  but i do appreciate the stock watchin for us!!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
:america: An American Restoration. :birdsmily:
1987 Ford Thunderbird Sport (resting)
1993 Mazda Miata 1.6l (daily driver)

Reply #3
I don't know why that's funny. It will go back up eventually why not buy cheap now.

we came out of a recession in 1991 and ford was doing just fine through the rest of the 90's
2013 Focus (Daily)
1968 Cougar XR7
1987 Turbo Coupe
5 Speed, Stock IHI, Aeromotive 340LPH, Stinger 3in DP w/Magnaflow 3in Race Series ler, Hallman Boost Controller, Corbeau Fixed Back Racing Seats, Rebuilt 35# Injectors, Kirban AFPR, Stinger's Front Mount Piping w/Big NPR Front Mount IC, 3/8 E-85 Fuel Lines, SPEC Stage 3+ Clutch, Explorer 4.0 Dual Core Radiator, Optima Red Top Battery
1988 Turbo Coupe (RIP)

Reply #4
Quote from: stuntmannick;238804
lol

http://www.reuters.com/finance/markets/asia

The only thing I'd be putting money into right now is ammunition.

lol
perhaps your ammo rights will be taken,, but,,,
you will be able to beat on someone all you want with wooden arrows.

Reply #5
Quote from: Carl;238883
I don't know why that's funny. It will go back up eventually why not buy cheap now.

we came out of a recession in 1991 and ford was doing just fine through the rest of the 90's

The reason I wouldn't buy stock right now is every day the market dives 400 or so points.  i dont know much about stocks but that cant be good when the whole market is going down.. :toilet:

but who's to say the stock doesnt drop even further into the cents, and then stays there for 5 years.  i mean i'd hate to know i have potentially good stocks sitting around worthless for YEARS only to sell for mercy when it pops up above buying price.  BUT, im not trying to tell people how to buy and sell, just sayin "wait wait wait, hold on it might get worse" (or better if youre ganna buy if it gets even cheaper)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
:america: An American Restoration. :birdsmily:
1987 Ford Thunderbird Sport (resting)
1993 Mazda Miata 1.6l (daily driver)

Reply #6
Right now there is an opportunity to make a whole lot of money, as long as you're patient. Tomorrow, Ford is still going to be losing money. Two years from now, however, if their products fill out as promised, they'll be making money.

The only people losing money now are people who are panicking and selling now. If you can hold on, Sept/Oct 2008 will be nothing but a blip.
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Reply #7
Quote from: Thunder Chicken;238945
Right now there is an opportunity to make a whole lot of money, as long as you're patient. Tomorrow, Ford is still going to be losing money. Two years from now, however, if their products fill out as promised, they'll be making money.

The only people losing money now are people who are panicking and selling now. If you can hold on, Sept/Oct 2008 will be nothing but a blip.

Exactly. I would actually like to see Ford dip into the cents range. I would buy a few thousand shares without thinking twice.

The worst that could happen is ford and GM merge. I have faith in our North American auto makers and think they will do just fine. We made it through the depression after all right?!
2013 Focus (Daily)
1968 Cougar XR7
1987 Turbo Coupe
1988 Turbo Coupe (RIP)

Reply #8
Quote from: Carl;238968
We made it through the depression after all right?!

GM and Ford did, yes, but several big-at-the-time US automakers didn't.

I can actually see one or the other (or both) filing for bankruptcy. Not "close-up-the-shop, screw-the-creditors" bankruptcy, but "Operations placed under the oversight of some body until they get their acts together" bankruptcy. I forget the actual term for that type of bankruptcy, but there have been several large manufacturers do that recently (Boeing?). In two years this whole fiasco will have been forgotten. The key is lasting those two years.

This is different than the "Uncle Sam Saves Chrysler" 1980's. Back then it was simply a problem of Chrysler having shiznitty vehicles. US's cash infusion allowed Chrysler to develop cars that saved it (K-Car, T-115, etc). Now, though, the problem isn't so much with shiznitty products (there are several very promising vehicles either already on showroom floors or will be in the near future for GM and Ford), but with customers who cannot afford to buy them, or even get loans.

It's a perfect storm: First, high fuel prices drove customers away from the profitable vehicles (This is not only a GM/Ford problem, Toyota was caught napping as well). This resulted in a near-overnight findamental shift in consumer taste: the same folks paying premiums for 6-MPG SUV's 8 months ago are now mad at the manufacturers for offering them. Not only did it drive people away from profitable SUV's and trucks, it made customers' current vehicles near worthless at trade-in. This made many people reluctant to trade in (I certainly wouldn't take a $15k hit on trade in value just to save a few bucks a week on gas, and only an absolute fool would). Then the leases started ending, and automakers were stuck with hundreds of thousands of vehicles worth far less than what they bet on when they brokered the leases. It got so bad that Chrysler got out of leasing entirely, while GMAC cut operations in Canada. Several banks did likewise. Then the financial market imploded, making auto loans very difficult to obtain for the few who did want a new car. That's only half the problem though - the stock market crashing is erasing peoples' savings, completely erasing any confidence they may have had. People are reluctant to buy big ticket items when they're not confident in the future (or even the present).

It was all spectacularly bad timing. I can't see how things could have been worse for GM and Ford.

But, as I said above, dumb people sell when stocks are tanking. Smart people hang onto their stocks and ride the storm out. Even smarter people buy. In two years, when Dow is back at 14000, there will be three distinct groups: Those who panicked and lost everything when they sold at the bottom, those who stayed the course and didn't lose a penny, and those who made a fortune by profiting off the first group. Remember, every time a bit of stock is sold, a bit of stock is bought.

The same applies to houses. Not many people can afford to buy a dozen or so foreclosures and wait until prices rebound, but those few who can stand to make buckets of money. Houses were artificially valued high; now they're artificially valued low. They will bounce back.

Interesting point you made about a GM/Ford merger. That is something else I would not be surprised to see. I don't know if they'd ever become one company, but I can imagine them sharing lots of technology (such as they currently do with 6-speed automatics) and even sharing a platform or two. If GM can share vehicles with Toyota, and Ford can share with Nissan, why not Ford and GM?
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Reply #9
for many reasons i forcast this to last until spring fever.  Its pretty safe to say many deals will pop up out of no where.

Even at home, furnature companies are advertising buy a couch, get a chair deals.  Odd market but i think many people are doing what we are now,,,,,procastinating.

no,, i cant spell.

Reply #10
hopefully some of you listened to this because Ford stock is now above $5

in contrast.. GM is $1.70
2013 Focus (Daily)
1968 Cougar XR7
1987 Turbo Coupe
1988 Turbo Coupe (RIP)

Reply #11
I didn't. I meant to. I'm a procrastinator. :(
2005 Subaru WRX STi|daily driver

Reply #12
i had 2 grand ready to buy when it hit 1.50 ish and i chickened out. what a tool....i'd be sitting on over $6k at the moment.

Reply #13
Quote from: Ether947;269017
I didn't. I meant to. I'm a procrastinator. :(

Me too im kicking myself in the ass at the moment for not doing anything.

Reply #14
I don't mean to be an ass, but Ford is now at $14.60 and Sirius is at $2.37.  I must be some kind of stock prodigy!  Unfortunately I sold Ford at $7 and Sirius at $1.20.  *facepalm*
2013 Focus (Daily)
1968 Cougar XR7
1987 Turbo Coupe
1988 Turbo Coupe (RIP)